2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Fun in Idaho
By brs on 09/27/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took my 03' outback sedan in for service when I decided to take a look at the new legacy. Test drove one and fell in love. Dealer got one for me in 5 days. This is my 3rd sub and the best yet. Was looking at other vehicles to replace the '03 because of leg room issues and better gas mileage. But, after the test drive I was sold. Subaru finally made a car for taller people and better gas mileage. I thought going from the 3.0 h6 engine to the new CVT may leave me wishing for the bigger engine but, this new CVT is great/mileage. I only wish Subaru still made the "Outback Sedan". Better ground clearance in Idaho winters.

Bye-bye Camry, Malibu, Accord, Altima, etc.
By johnt on 09/26/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I ordered my new legacy today. I shopped many dealers in and out of area. It is amazing what the difference in price can be. It drives really nice; the CVT sold me, decent pick up, quiet interior, great mpg, awd, handling, much more room than previous. Nice dash layout, price not much more than Camry, etc and it has standard awd which is sooooooo nice in winter and wet roads. A big improvement, hope it is very reliable. Almost bought new equinox - so glad I didn't!

Traded '05 GT for revamped 2010 GT
By ADKGT'er on 09/22/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Subaru did the right thing by making a more spacious interior, particularly legroom. Design remains 'under the radar' and turbo remains very quick, can snap to 100MPH by surprise, no dog here. Handling is smoother/ quieter than prior design, not quite the road feel tho. Just over 1200 miles & no issues, like it better each day.

My third legacy
By edward on 09/20/09 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I replaced my 2008 tribeca with the 2010 legacy, primarily to improve fuel economy. The tribeca is a great vehicle, but I wanted something more fuel efficient. This is my third legacy, having owned a 2000 legacy limited and a 2005 legacy gt limited. I love this car, the increase in interior space, especially with respect to the rear seating is welcome and a major improvement. So far I'm impressed with the mpg I've been receiving, and love the CVT transmission. What more can I say, it's a Subaru, they're the AWD champs.

Wonderful car
By vext on 09/20/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this as a family car and for my wife. She immediately felt at home, loves how roomy and quiet it is, quite an improvement over previous smaller Legacys. She found the CVT trans easy to use, especially for steep Seattle hills, where it provides more control. She loves the new styling and elegant interior. I'm very happy that she's got AWD, ABS, traction control to keep her safe during our monumental winter rains.

Subaru Nailed It!
By JM94 on 09/12/09 12:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

06 Outback and time for something new, went to test drive a new Outback had to have the Legacy. Finally, a Subaru with an interior big enough for my toddlers' carseat! Love the looks inside and out. Yes, the 2.5 engine is not a good selection if you like to drag race. But realistically, it handles every day driving just fine, not a donkey. Gets over 30 mpg on the highway-really good for AWD. It handles exceptionally well, just drove it in a huge rainstorm and the car has nothing but confidence on the road. The CVT has an interesting feel, especially if you are coming from a 4 speed auto, it's very quiet and often at a low rpm. For 23k, AWD, moonroof, CVT and paddle shifters, hard to beat.

Excellent Mid-Sized Car
By CM on 09/12/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As soon as I heard about the redesign of the Legacy for 2010, I was intrigued. Many things were upgraded in this model year besides the interior space. The CVT works like a dream- very smooth acceleration (I am used to listening to the gears to know about how fast I am going, and this has been a bit of a change for me), and brings the rpms to around 2000 when cruising. The electronic parking brake is interesting (fine with me as I rarely use one anyway), but the hill holder feature is amazing. I wish I had something like that when I was learning to drive a stick. The paddle shifters are fun, and the controls on the wheel are great.

Great car, cheap interior
By Becki on 09/12/09 08:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car about 2 weeks ago and so far so good! It's fun to drive, great handling, and roomy. However the interior seems to scuff EXTREMELY easily. I have black interior and anything that touches the dash or doors seems to leave behind a scuff mark-even if it barely touches it. The scuff marks buff out after washing with a damp cloth but it is still a pain. My car almost looks dirty there's so many scuff marks! I'd hate to see what it looks like for someone who has kids!

First week with my 2010 Legacy 3.6R Lim
By idmd on 09/06/09 07:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for a week and it's wonderful. 3.6R feels strong and smooth, 5-speed auto is spot on, and the car overall feels very well constructed and ridged without sacrificing ride quality. Has a sporty feeling overall. Interior room is superb (I'm 6'5") and materials feel very high quality. iPod/iPhone integration could be better as it's inconsistent (some touch screen buttons are inaccessible at times when they should not be). The NAV system also is not the most intuitive system out there but is very good. This car definitely looks better in- person compared to pictures where (for whatever reason) it tends to look awkward at times. Not so in real life.

Love this car
By jkjameson on 08/31/09 13:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Picked up the car 10 days ago and I love it! I think it looks really good both inside and out. I have the base engine with CVT for fuel economy and it is actually fun to drive for what it is, especially with the paddle shifters. I wish they would have offered the Premium with 17 inch tires though. I did not like the wood in the limited. I have never owned an all-wheel-drive car and like the feel. The car is very stable on the road. To me this car hits the sweet spot for looks/fuel economy/fun to drive. It also fits my family of 4 very easily.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*