Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

My first new car
By easypar

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've put 3800 miles on mine in 4 months, a fair amount of that on the highway, and I've been pretty impressed. We've had an above average year for snow and the AWD has performed as advertised. I considered BMW and Infinity before settling on the Legacy, I just could not justify that high price for a car. I felt the Subie offered excellent value for the price paid. My wife was concerned that due to my history with bigger, torqueier engines that I might feel this one was underpowered but experience has not borne that out. I chose the black exterior because I hadn't owned a black car in 25 years and think they look nice WHEN CLEAN.

The CVT is an improvement over the older automatic and it smooths the ride and improves the mileage. The leather interior is pretty nice for this price range of car, we'll see how it holds up long term. Cruise control and others on steering wheel.

"Breakaway" side mirrors. Electric power steering pump.

Adaptor
By JIM

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my legacy the driving is fun and I hope it lasts me for years to come, the only problem I have is the adapters are blowing the fuses on my car - you can't plug in a gps or phone charger adapter. It blows the fuse they need an adapter that can take more power like the Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet. They are behind in that technology part. I was told it was very sensitive by the dealer after I bought the car.

I like it
By bmitchel

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Went to the dealership looking to get a 2009 and fell in love with 2010. I am not a small guy over 6'2 and the car has enough room for me to comfortably drive and have a standard adult sitting behind me. I live in New England and AWD is a must. For the features and price there is no car like it on the market. My only issue is that if I don't have the key on me I have to go to the front seat to open the trunk. Most cars have some mechanism that if the doors are unlocked you can open the trunk

HK Stereo, Paddle Shifters, interior room

Folding mirrors with directional indication, streaming bluetooth standard without navigation. Trunk release on trunk

It's all in the mechanics
By garbageguts

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

By chance I drove a 2009 Legacy and compared it with a my 2010. I was amazed at difference in handling characteristics between the two. The 2010 has a smooth yet in control feel along with good match between CVT and Boxer engine. The 2009 does not. For drive-ability the 2010 is great when cornering at > 40 mph. In the snow it beats hands down the Altima, Fusion, Accord and Camry.

4X4 with CVT transmission PZEV emissions Crash test ratings including bumper estimates under $1K Suspension double wishbone, stabilizer and height.

Breakaway mirrors, fog light standard, 17" wheels standard.

subaru legacy
By choopie

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased the Premium w/auto. Getting 18 mpg city and as much as 35 highway. Great handling car. Little loud and transmission a little jittery but I can live with that. Only 500 miles on car thus far. Comfortable seats, nice amenities. Would recommend based on my limited experience with this car thus far.

All wheel drive; speed sensitive radio;heated seats and wipers.

Larger wheels. Car has 16 inch wheels Offer a hybrid. 15 more horsepower.

• SUV