2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2010 Legacy Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Sort Reviews by

Our first subaru!!!
By Eduardo

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I were looking for a fun to drive and safe family sedan and after doing our research we decided to buy this 2010 legacy for the following reasons. This car handling is excellent for the price, the MPG for an all wheel drive vehicle is awesome for our wallets, crash test results are impressive! Perfect size - not too big not too small. We recently took a trip to Maine, NY and we got 32 mpg, this car handles the corners amazing, it feels strong and even though it is a 4 cyl engine for some reason it is very responsive and I actually love the noise that the engine makes when pushed hard. Overall this is the best car we ever got for our money, great value. We are in love with our new Subie.

Favorite Features

smooth ride, cornering, interior lights, interior space, 27mpg, paddle shifters, CVT, interior quietness

Suggested Improvements

Please! folding side mirrors, it is very important when you live in New York city, front lights, what about maybe HID'S for better visibility. When turning off engine being able to unlock doors without having to insert the key again and turn it to be able to unlock the doors - it is annoying.

Fun in Idaho
By brs

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took my 03' outback sedan in for service when I decided to take a look at the new legacy. Test drove one and fell in love. Dealer got one for me in 5 days. This is my 3rd sub and the best yet. Was looking at other vehicles to replace the '03 because of leg room issues and better gas mileage. But, after the test drive I was sold. Subaru finally made a car for taller people and better gas mileage. I thought going from the 3.0 h6 engine to the new CVT may leave me wishing for the bigger engine but, this new CVT is great/mileage. I only wish Subaru still made the "Outback Sedan". Better ground clearance in Idaho winters.

Favorite Features

Leg room, ride, handling and the night-time ambient lighting (cool).

Suggested Improvements

Memory on the power seats and bring back the foldable exterior mirrors.

Bye-bye Camry, Malibu, Accord, Altima, etc.
By johnt

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I ordered my new legacy today. I shopped many dealers in and out of area. It is amazing what the difference in price can be. It drives really nice; the CVT sold me, decent pick up, quiet interior, great mpg, awd, handling, much more room than previous. Nice dash layout, price not much more than Camry, etc and it has standard awd which is sooooooo nice in winter and wet roads. A big improvement, hope it is very reliable. Almost bought new equinox - so glad I didn't!

Favorite Features

cvt, all wheel drive, roominess, gas mileage, smooth, good handling, lots of leg room

Suggested Improvements

needs standard satellite radio, blue tooth, better color combinations

Traded '05 GT for revamped 2010 GT
By ADKGT'er

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Subaru did the right thing by making a more spacious interior, particularly legroom. Design remains 'under the radar' and turbo remains very quick, can snap to 100MPH by surprise, no dog here. Handling is smoother/ quieter than prior design, not quite the road feel tho. Just over 1200 miles & no issues, like it better each day.

Favorite Features

GREAT LEG ROOM finally!! Premium sound system with bluetooth phone connection is a plus. Turbo fast when you need the speed.

Suggested Improvements

No real complaints at all, nice re-do by Subaru; to be real picky- the bucket seats are very comfortable but don't hug you like the other seats did.

My third legacy
By edward

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I replaced my 2008 tribeca with the 2010 legacy, primarily to improve fuel economy. The tribeca is a great vehicle, but I wanted something more fuel efficient. This is my third legacy, having owned a 2000 legacy limited and a 2005 legacy gt limited. I love this car, the increase in interior space, especially with respect to the rear seating is welcome and a major improvement. So far I'm impressed with the mpg I've been receiving, and love the CVT transmission. What more can I say, it's a Subaru, they're the AWD champs.

Favorite Features

Mpg, interior space, CVT, styling, fit and finish, bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

I liked the folding mirrors with integrated signals, and would like to see reverse sensors as a standard feature.

Wonderful car
By vext

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this as a family car and for my wife. She immediately felt at home, loves how roomy and quiet it is, quite an improvement over previous smaller Legacys. She found the CVT trans easy to use, especially for steep Seattle hills, where it provides more control. She loves the new styling and elegant interior. I'm very happy that she's got AWD, ABS, traction control to keep her safe during our monumental winter rains.

Favorite Features

CVT transmission makes max use of engine power. Freeway on ramps are eerie, the motor jumps to max rpm and the car just goes. The paddle shifters are quite useful for towing and locking into specific gear. Best handling luxury car I've ever driven. Mileage well over 30 mpg @ 55mph.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Subaru Nailed It!
By JM94

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

06 Outback and time for something new, went to test drive a new Outback had to have the Legacy. Finally, a Subaru with an interior big enough for my toddlers' carseat! Love the looks inside and out. Yes, the 2.5 engine is not a good selection if you like to drag race. But realistically, it handles every day driving just fine, not a donkey. Gets over 30 mpg on the highway-really good for AWD. It handles exceptionally well, just drove it in a huge rainstorm and the car has nothing but confidence on the road. The CVT has an interesting feel, especially if you are coming from a 4 speed auto, it's very quiet and often at a low rpm. For 23k, AWD, moonroof, CVT and paddle shifters, hard to beat.

Favorite Features

Love the interior, especially the titanium dash and how it wraps around into the front doors. Subaru safety, nuff said there. The dashboard interior is cool, awesome at night. Paddle shifters are sweet. Car handles incredibly well. It's a Subaru with a roomy interior and good sized trunk, wow!

Suggested Improvements

There's a slight subtle whistle at times, could be the CVT or just new car kinks, not a deal breaker. I didn't get the Harmon Kardon or "Hank" stereo. Stock stereo is so so, but good enough unless you need people to hear your bass from 15 miles away.

Excellent Mid-Sized Car
By CM

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As soon as I heard about the redesign of the Legacy for 2010, I was intrigued. Many things were upgraded in this model year besides the interior space. The CVT works like a dream- very smooth acceleration (I am used to listening to the gears to know about how fast I am going, and this has been a bit of a change for me), and brings the rpms to around 2000 when cruising. The electronic parking brake is interesting (fine with me as I rarely use one anyway), but the hill holder feature is amazing. I wish I had something like that when I was learning to drive a stick. The paddle shifters are fun, and the controls on the wheel are great.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, styling, interior space, ambient lighting, gas mileage, CVT transmission. Bluetooth integration is great (its really cool hearing my ringtone in the car's speakers).

Suggested Improvements

Feels like I have to step out a little extra not to step on the side skirts. Rear AC vents in the back. Better tinted windows. Really all very minor things.

Great car, cheap interior
By Becki

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car about 2 weeks ago and so far so good! It's fun to drive, great handling, and roomy. However the interior seems to scuff EXTREMELY easily. I have black interior and anything that touches the dash or doors seems to leave behind a scuff mark-even if it barely touches it. The scuff marks buff out after washing with a damp cloth but it is still a pain. My car almost looks dirty there's so many scuff marks! I'd hate to see what it looks like for someone who has kids!

Favorite Features

Great, reliable, fun to drive. Heated seats, winter package.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the interior build materials on the dash and doors- scuffs too easily. Allow GPS upgrade ability and premium models.

First week with my 2010 Legacy 3.6R Lim
By idmd

2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car for a week and it's wonderful. 3.6R feels strong and smooth, 5-speed auto is spot on, and the car overall feels very well constructed and ridged without sacrificing ride quality. Has a sporty feeling overall. Interior room is superb (I'm 6'5") and materials feel very high quality. iPod/iPhone integration could be better as it's inconsistent (some touch screen buttons are inaccessible at times when they should not be). The NAV system also is not the most intuitive system out there but is very good. This car definitely looks better in- person compared to pictures where (for whatever reason) it tends to look awkward at times. Not so in real life.

Favorite Features

Interior volume and design, 3.6R engine, ride quality, AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Better iPod/iPhone integration, memory settings for power seats and mirrors. Why oh why did they put a big ugly sticker on the dash board next to the parking brake!? I'm going to have to figure out how to get that thing off without leaving sticker behind.