2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Car Accelerates
By TheForma on 10/24/09 07:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited almost a month ago. I have put a little over 200 miles on it since then and have enjoyed every last one of them. The car accelerates beautifully and the shifting is very smooth (especially for a Subie). I traded up from an Imprezza 2.5 TS sport wagon and the hard shifting was one of my complaints. These problems are now non existent however. The shift on the fly levers on the steering wheel are fun to use. Passing cars on the highway and merging on the interstate is a true joy in this car. The interior is very comfortable and the Harmon Kardon sound system has plenty of bump once you tweak it a bit. My only complaint is the bit of body roll.

Awesome Car
By seang on 10/20/09 06:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in '07 Civic and the Legacy is like driving a luxury car. Test drove a '08 Legacy but car gave rough ride and even smaller interior than the civic. Tested the '10 Legacy and was blown away. Great interior room, great ride quality, great radio sound. Engine sounds awesome under high rev but very quiet when cruising. Considering AWD and the price, you get A LOT for the money. I have 300 miles and am getting over 25 mpg and engine not even broken in yet. Love this car!

Just took delivery
By My First Subie on 10/18/09 21:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car. Only driven 100 miles so far but I like everything about it. Glad I didn't buy the Accord! Great looks, smooth power and really feels nice in the corners. The CVT is a winner as well, applies power when you need it but really keeps the r's low when cruising. This is a unique automobile that should turn some heads while offering years of driving pleasure.

2010 Subaru Legacy
By Joseph on 10/17/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After test driving the Ford Fusion (nice vehicle), Toyota Camry and the Subaru Legacy and carefully researching all three, I decided to purchase the Subaru Legacy (1st time Subaru owner). The Subaru was the only AWD vehicle I tested out of the three. It was fun to drive and held the road very well. I tested the Subaru on an absolutely nasty day (rain all day) and it responded very well. I have owned my Subaru for over a month and can't wait to get behind the wheel.

Subaru 3.6R Limited--great car
By Philly58 on 10/10/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have had this car three days and taken trips through Adirondack mountains and on thruways. As past owner of Mercedes 300E, present owner of BMW 540i, must say that this car is on their level in driveability, handling and comfort on road. Am tall and seat support under thighs could be a bit longer, but after a few days am not thinking about that. I love this car, but don't love the navigation manual which is just plain awful in its paucity of descriptions. Spent almost two hours trying to figure out how to have a full screen mode for the great radio system control. But have finally mastered all of this. I'll be selling the 540i now with regret, but this is a worthy replacement.

Even Better Than I Had Hoped For
By DaveM on 10/05/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the car for a month now, and I have driven 1300 miles. I get 33 mpg on the interstate and 22 during my short commute to work here in town. The car handles extremely well, the interior room surprises everyone who sits in it, and it drives very quietly on the highway, although I am a little disappointed in the engine noise that is apparent at slow speeds in town.

Not much slower than my STI
By Martin on 10/04/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my 2008 STI on this vehicle. I was impressed by its performance and the quality of the design. I share this car with my wife and she loves this car.

Legacy reflects it's definition
By J Vivar on 09/29/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the second Subaru we now own. We also have an '09 Forester Limited which is a great SUV and was the first Subaru we've ever owned. 1 year later, we now have a '10 Sky Blue metallic 2.5 Legacy Limited which is amazing. We've owned a Toyo Solara and Saab 9-5 and the Legacy surpass both in performance and handeling. The leather interior and overall layout is both elegant and simplistic. The exterior is also beautiful. It looks sleek and aggressive even when it's not moving.

My first Subaru, probably not my last
By Jerry Kindall on 09/29/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test-drove a lot of midsize cars and chose the 2010 Legacy for one simple reason: when the driver's seat is adjusted to be comfortable for me, there's still room for it to go back some more! And there's headroom galore, too, as the seat height is adjustable. Beyond the comfort, this car feels like it's glued to the road -- if I've driven another car that's more sure-footed, I don't remember when. The fuel economy of the CVT was the clincher (this car gets almost as good mileage as my previous car, a 2003 Hyundai Elantra, despite being much bigger and having AWD).

Our first subaru!!!
By Eduardo on 09/27/09 14:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I were looking for a fun to drive and safe family sedan and after doing our research we decided to buy this 2010 legacy for the following reasons. This car handling is excellent for the price, the MPG for an all wheel drive vehicle is awesome for our wallets, crash test results are impressive! Perfect size - not too big not too small. We recently took a trip to Maine, NY and we got 32 mpg, this car handles the corners amazing, it feels strong and even though it is a 4 cyl engine for some reason it is very responsive and I actually love the noise that the engine makes when pushed hard. Overall this is the best car we ever got for our money, great value. We are in love with our new Subie.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*