Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

So Far So Good
By Bob

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2003 Subaru Baja for this car about one month ago and drove it about 950 miles. 35 to 37 mpg on the highway mileage amazes me. 18 mpg in the city is not much better than the '03 Baja's mileage. The new Legacy has more interior space and better seats than the old Baja. It also has more electronic controls and gadgets making it a little more difficult to operate. I like the ability to plug my iPod directly into the audio system. It also has fuel usage monitors not available on the '03 Baja. I hope the Legacy's reliability is as good as the 7 years of trouble free driving I had with the Baja.

All Wheel Drive, Good Gas Mileage, Interior Space, Comfortable Seats, iPod audio connection, Steering wheel cruise control and acceleration paddles, Roomy rear trunk and fold down rear seats.

Sluggish acceleration.

brentwoodboy
By d tush

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I formerly drove a 2006 Acura TSX, but needed more interior room to meet the needs of a growing 9 yr-old son whose legs were always invading my driving space! Bought the 2.5i Premium/4cl. with CVT in the silver/black leather, and I love the added space and nice build quality Subaru put into this affordable sedan. After 3 months and 4K, only real negative seems to be excessive engine noise and general sluggishness at low speeds. Not sure if that is a trade off with the CVT, or expected. Dealer told me they hear this comment often. I do miss the more nimble handling of my TSX, but enjoy the Legacy's roominess. A solid value for an AWD family sedan, indeed!

Great Harman Kardon sound system. Subaru engineers did their magic on the interior cabin; a definite upscale feeling with leather, adjustable lumbar/heated seats. Comfy! Cool lit instrument cluster, too.

A quieter 4 cyl/CVT design, folding side mirrors. The cheap plastic steering wheel trim needs refined, as the sharp edges seem to frequently find my hands. Maybe a larger electronic parking brake button would be helpful, also.

I was very impressed BUT NOW ...
By Eduardo

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am checking back again with new news about my 2010 legacy and I'm a little disappointed. I love my car but a metal part (bracket) in the engine is rusting and I dont know why? I have put only 8,200 miles on it. I am devastated is anyone having same problem? Please let me know. The bracket will be replaced under warranty soon but I am a little worried something else may come up! I hope it ends here because I love my Subaru I really love its dynamic and secured handling plus the 30 mpg I m getting on the high way.

Paddle shifters, head lights, seats comfort, secured feel.

Please! breakaway side mirrors and 17 inch wheels standard and maybe some more horses!

Legacy Limited
By Ray

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the vehicle only a couple of months now, but I am very happy with its overall quality, style, economy and reliability. Previously owned a Forester which was as reliable as the sunset. Expect similar results with this.

Love the interior features and appointments: leather, HK sound system,CVT with manual option,trip odometer,thermometer, etc. Of course the AWD is a boon, especially for us living in snow country.

Being a thrifty sort, I am always looking for improved mileage, although it's doing a pretty good job of that.

Initial impressions
By marvinlee

2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is an initial review at 104 miles of use. The car rides well, dealer prep was poor--the compass-mirror was not set to this region and tires were badly over-inflated. The dealer also failed to prevent this factory ordered car from being unnecessarily driven by dealership employees. Perhaps that is why it now has a slight piston slap in one cylinder. The manual explicitly states not to exceed 4000 RPM before 1000 miles. The H-K music system is excellent. The steering wheel tilt-telescope control is awkwardly positioned. Body gaps are larger than the car being replaced. The white paint appearance is excellent.

Superb head room, fine paint quality (white), six-disc player, quiet door closure, large fold-down back seat opening, didn't have to accept a sunroof with the premium Limited model.

Six or seven speed automatic, quieter gears, folding side mirrors, smaller body gaps, less tire noise, make light colored interior available with the optional light blue exterior paint color. Reorganize and simplify owner's manual. Use a prettier steering wheel. Add speed-volume control to audio.

• SUV