Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

After 3350 miles
By Marvinlee

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

There is too much front-suspension tire road noise. The car is otherwise mostly quiet. The 3.6R engine vibrates noticeably at idle, smooths out in normal driving, then is harsh and noisy at high RPM. The auto transmission lacks a sixth gear. The center-section data display is too dim in bright daylight and the numbers are too small. Air conditioning is OK thus far, but noisy at high fan settings. The steering wheel should tilt down further, and telescope more. The radio is excellent but lacks the desirable speed-volume feature of the cheaper standard radio. The all wheel drive proved stable and safe on a very poor mountain road.

The quiet door closing is much appreciated. Next best is the very large back-seat pass-through. It was why I bought the car. Seats are comfortable for short and long trips. Rear seat room is remarkable.

Brighter instruments. Add spring assist to the tilt steering wheel. Reduce exterior body gaps. Make one-push all-doors unlocking a user-option on the key control. Lower power-train gear noise to competitor levels. Install a modern six speed automatic transmission.

Beware the Seats
By Steve G

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Iíve had my Legacy Premium 2.5 less than a week and am already ready to get rid of it. Iíve never had a backache in my entire life yet after a week of driving the car, about 270 miles, my back is so painful that Iím about crippled. I cringe at the thought of having to get back into this vehicle. My car has the adjustable lumbar support and even when it is completely deflated, after about 20 minutes it feels like somebody has their knees in my back. My advice to anyone considering a Legacy is to drive, or at least sit, in the car for a minimum of 30 minutes before you make your decision to buy this car. I didnít and fear I have just made a $25,000 mistake.

Solid feel of the car. No rattles, buzzes or squeaks. Roominess, amenities in the interior, all-wheel drive, smoothness, quality of the materials. The CVT sold me on the car.

THE SEATS! These are the most uncomfortable seats in which Iíve had the displeasure to sit. Iím of average height, 5í 8Ē, and weight, 180 pounds, and cannot tolerate these seats.

WoW!! I'm blown Away and Love my Choice!
By DeanO

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I would consider myself a person that likes the finer things in life. That said, I've owned Acuras, BMW's, and Several Lexus Models in the past. I traded my 06 Lexus RX330 in on a new Subaru Legacy, and I am completely THRILLED with my purchase. I test drove Accord, Altimas, Passat, and there is absolutely no comparison on build quality, the fun factor of paddle and manual shifting, and the AWD really grabs the road. In the rain, you never feel like you are close to losing control. I drive long trips, and the car is soooo comfortable, and has all the features I was looking for and more than I was accustomed to. With regular gas, 34 MPG on the highway, I'm in LOVE with my car!

Interior Lighting, Great MPG, Cool styling that not everyone is driving, Leather comfortable seats (Honda was NOT) and just a great value compared to mainstream vehicles.

I honestly like everything about it, but I would suggest the Homelink mirror. The visors are thick and won't hold my garage door opener.

Was not expecting this
By Grappas

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Coming from a family that has driven Mercedes Benz for 30+ years I was amazed at the level of refinement the Legacy has. I had looked at the Mazda 6, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Acura TSX, Lexus is 250, BMW 3 series, and Audi 4 series. Nothing strucka balance between performance, value and refinement like the Legacy. Hats of to Subaru for building such an amazing car. Everytime I drive the car I wonder how the hell Subaru makes any money selling this car for so cheap. I would have easily paid another 2000-3000 more without blinking an eye. This car fell short on HP for my heavy right foot but makes up for it with an ultra smooth CVT gear box.

Harmon Kardon audio system, CVT auto Transmission

bump up 2.5i motor to 185HP, bump up 2.5GT motor to same 305HP motor in the Impreza STi and give it a full time paddle shift gear box. Stiffen up vertical dampening, tends to feel a little boaty over large lunging road humps.

First Subaru 2010 Legacy Premium
By natedog

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First time owning a Subaru and we are very impressed. Have put 3,000 miles on it in a little over a month and we are averaging almost 30 mpg, 5 mpg better than our HHR and it is a bigger car with AWD. Very comfortable and rides and handles great. The only thing I don't like is the excessive engine noise in the 2.5 Liter engine. Other than that it is a great car.

AWD, CVT tranny, steering wheel shift paddles, Ipod hookup, and great MPG.

lessen the excessive engine noise in the 2.5 liter engine and it would be nice to somehow have Ipod controls on the steering wheel.

• SUV