Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Beware the Seats
By Steve G

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Iíve had my Legacy Premium 2.5 less than a week and am already ready to get rid of it. Iíve never had a backache in my entire life yet after a week of driving the car, about 270 miles, my back is so painful that Iím about crippled. I cringe at the thought of having to get back into this vehicle. My car has the adjustable lumbar support and even when it is completely deflated, after about 20 minutes it feels like somebody has their knees in my back. My advice to anyone considering a Legacy is to drive, or at least sit, in the car for a minimum of 30 minutes before you make your decision to buy this car. I didnít and fear I have just made a $25,000 mistake.

Favorite Features

Solid feel of the car. No rattles, buzzes or squeaks. Roominess, amenities in the interior, all-wheel drive, smoothness, quality of the materials. The CVT sold me on the car.

Suggested Improvements

THE SEATS! These are the most uncomfortable seats in which Iíve had the displeasure to sit. Iím of average height, 5í 8Ē, and weight, 180 pounds, and cannot tolerate these seats.

WoW!! I'm blown Away and Love my Choice!
By DeanO

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I would consider myself a person that likes the finer things in life. That said, I've owned Acuras, BMW's, and Several Lexus Models in the past. I traded my 06 Lexus RX330 in on a new Subaru Legacy, and I am completely THRILLED with my purchase. I test drove Accord, Altimas, Passat, and there is absolutely no comparison on build quality, the fun factor of paddle and manual shifting, and the AWD really grabs the road. In the rain, you never feel like you are close to losing control. I drive long trips, and the car is soooo comfortable, and has all the features I was looking for and more than I was accustomed to. With regular gas, 34 MPG on the highway, I'm in LOVE with my car!

Favorite Features

Interior Lighting, Great MPG, Cool styling that not everyone is driving, Leather comfortable seats (Honda was NOT) and just a great value compared to mainstream vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

I honestly like everything about it, but I would suggest the Homelink mirror. The visors are thick and won't hold my garage door opener.

Was not expecting this
By Grappas

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Coming from a family that has driven Mercedes Benz for 30+ years I was amazed at the level of refinement the Legacy has. I had looked at the Mazda 6, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Acura TSX, Lexus is 250, BMW 3 series, and Audi 4 series. Nothing strucka balance between performance, value and refinement like the Legacy. Hats of to Subaru for building such an amazing car. Everytime I drive the car I wonder how the hell Subaru makes any money selling this car for so cheap. I would have easily paid another 2000-3000 more without blinking an eye. This car fell short on HP for my heavy right foot but makes up for it with an ultra smooth CVT gear box.

Favorite Features

Harmon Kardon audio system, CVT auto Transmission

Suggested Improvements

bump up 2.5i motor to 185HP, bump up 2.5GT motor to same 305HP motor in the Impreza STi and give it a full time paddle shift gear box. Stiffen up vertical dampening, tends to feel a little boaty over large lunging road humps.

First Subaru 2010 Legacy Premium
By natedog

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First time owning a Subaru and we are very impressed. Have put 3,000 miles on it in a little over a month and we are averaging almost 30 mpg, 5 mpg better than our HHR and it is a bigger car with AWD. Very comfortable and rides and handles great. The only thing I don't like is the excessive engine noise in the 2.5 Liter engine. Other than that it is a great car.

Favorite Features

AWD, CVT tranny, steering wheel shift paddles, Ipod hookup, and great MPG.

Suggested Improvements

lessen the excessive engine noise in the 2.5 liter engine and it would be nice to somehow have Ipod controls on the steering wheel.

So Far So Good
By Bob

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2003 Subaru Baja for this car about one month ago and drove it about 950 miles. 35 to 37 mpg on the highway mileage amazes me. 18 mpg in the city is not much better than the '03 Baja's mileage. The new Legacy has more interior space and better seats than the old Baja. It also has more electronic controls and gadgets making it a little more difficult to operate. I like the ability to plug my iPod directly into the audio system. It also has fuel usage monitors not available on the '03 Baja. I hope the Legacy's reliability is as good as the 7 years of trouble free driving I had with the Baja.

Favorite Features

All Wheel Drive, Good Gas Mileage, Interior Space, Comfortable Seats, iPod audio connection, Steering wheel cruise control and acceleration paddles, Roomy rear trunk and fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Sluggish acceleration.