2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Best car ever
By Brian on 11/10/09 04:23 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Test drove the 09 Legacy and was it nice, then test drove the 2010 Legacy and fell in love with it. The overall style is awesome, performance is outstanding and comfort/room is great. Love the awd, especially here in Florida where it rains. Great control on wet pavement. Fuel economy for us, driving back and forth to take our son to school, we average about 30 mpg in city. On hwy, we averaged about 35 mpg. Can not complain.

Almost a well rounded perfect 4dr sedan
By TChief on 11/08/09 09:34 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I once owned a '94 Subaru Legacy with 4 cyl, TURBO, and AWD. That car was rated at 160hp and, when compared to my 2010 Legacy at 170hp, there's little doubt the '94 was the quicker and faster car by far. The '94 was a Movin' Mama! Why doesn't Subaru offer the 2010 Legacy with all the goodies: AWD, CVT, Turbo, 2.5 and AT? The sluggish power is the only glitch I've found on the 2010 Subie so all things considered, not bad. A lot to like on this version including the AWD, CVT, and lots more room and convenience extras the old car failed to muster. The 2010 Legacy, when compared to the likes of Camry and Accord (which I considered) is the clear winner= Most car, least $$.

Needs Some work
By Mike on 11/04/09 16:10 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As a life long Audi owner I had a hard time converting but the price and test drive convinced me to go Subaru. So far after only 300 miles I have found the steering to be average with shaking at speeds above 60 (Subaru Service says this is a known issue with no known fix yet). Highway handling is fair with several corrections needed to keep the car straight. Compared to the German brethren this car lacks driving exhilaration. On the plus the car is roomy, and priced well. The styling actually grows on you. The braking is superb. Good utility car but don't expect a lot of driving wow. Ask about the wheel shake when buying.

1st Subaru - Nice Car!!!
By AJC-Chicago on 11/03/09 18:33 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought today, 50 miles so far. This was my choice over Camry, Accord, Altima since they all had comparable features for the price EXCEPT for AWD. Car runs very smooth and feels solid on the road: The feeling of AWD pushing the vehicle rather than that "pull" feel from front wheel drivers. CVT trans is wowing me as there is no shifting and it cruises quietly: 70mph at about 2100RPM. Engine is very responsive and unless you really need to race, I don't see a need for the Flat-6. Base radio is also very good and can't justify spending the extra 1k for the HK Stereo option. I would recommend test driving this car if you're in the mid-size sedan market. Good luck haggling on a brand new car!

First Subaru
By cjpownell on 11/03/09 08:50 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our first Subaru, we only looked at them because their advertising caught us. We had looked at many vehicles and settled on two. After weeks of contemplating, we ordered our new Legacy. We've only had it a few days and have not passed the break in period, but it's amazing. The boxer engine makes a huge difference, more than I thought. There is very little noise inside, the seats are comfortable and there is a lot of space, you can seat 4 adults more than comfortably and haul luggage for all 4 in the massive trunk as well. The 4 cyl engine feels like it has more than our 6 cyl mustang.

Love my Subbie!
By Jeremy on 11/01/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Legacy now for about two months. I've been very happy with the driving experience. The car handles extremely well. I am getting about 26 mpg in the city and about 32-33 on the highway. I got the all weather package with heated seats, heated mirrors, and heated wipers. I'm excited for winter for the first time in my life driving a vehicle! I enjoy the large tank (17 gallons). I was able to go on a 500 mile trip without stopping to fill up. Some people complain about the looks outside, but I like it. The interior space is incredible for a midsize sedan. Trunk space is adequate and designed well.

Beware of problems...
By mark4466 on 10/29/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The vehicle makes a significant rattling noise at rest when warm. Subaru is aware of the problem but has no date for a fix. At times it sounds like a 30 year old Mercedes. It is difficult to get Subaru to respond. This is my first Subaru and based on my experience I'll never get another.

Initial review
By JL on 10/28/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've driven the car only a few hundred miles, and overall, I am very satisfied with the car. It has a very solid feel on the road, numerous safety features, a good deal of room, gas mileage that is in range with the rest of its class now, and competitive pricing. I've driven it through inclement weather, and it handles beautifully.

Hello Subie! Goodbye 'Yota.
By Chas on 10/25/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Replaced 2006 RAV4 Limited V6 4x4. I've clocked 2500 miles so far while averaging 29.1 mpg in the month I've owned the car. Mostly hwy commute on competitive rush hours. The 2.5 w/ CVT is weirdly smooth. I don't feel it in the seat of my pants, but the speedo spins up quick. I don't miss the power as much as I love the smooth, compliant ride. I always thought "corners like it's on rails" was hyperbole, but wow! Harmon Kardon system is clear to the top. The passenger room feels comparable to RAV except 6'3" son reports the back seat doesn't cut it for extended trips, no room to slouch. Kinda buzzy during hard acceleration at hwy passing speeds.

2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan
By Rob on 10/25/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

First Subaru I've owned, Germany watch out. After owning an Audi which I loved I switched to the 2010 Legacy. This car seems to have everything the Audi has without the 40K plus price tag. For 29K the performance is great. The 258 hp. 6 cyl (which runs on 87 oct.) matched to the new 5 speed auto with paddle shifters really gets the job done. The car looks very BMW like and the interior is top shelf with plenty of room for 5 real size adults.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy in VA is:

$143 per month*