2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
I Love My Car
By sjl on 12/01/09 20:32 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love everything about my car, it's been 3 1/2 months and 7500 miles and I still love it as much as the day I got it. It's so much fun to drive. I love my stereo and heated seats. I'm averaging 32 mpg overall. Thank you Subaru for making a sporty-sedan that doesn't look like it should just be driven by a young kid. The Legacy has a very sporty-but-classy look to it. I, unlike many others who've posted, didn't drive all the comparable cars in the class because my funnest car (and ugliest) I've ever owed was a dumpy old Outback wagon that would never die. If that old 200+ thousand mile car could be so much fun and reliable to drive, I knew I'd be happy with this one. I was so right!

My First Subaru
By Steve in Michigan on 11/30/09 14:35 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted an AWD vehicle and test-drove a Ford Fusion since I was ideally interested in an "American" car. However the AWD Fusion is only available in the SEL V6 which is loaded with options I didn't want. My brother has owned several Subaru's & suggested I check them out. I was pleased that the entire legacy line comes in AWD (as does every Subaru model). I drove it and was impressed with the ride and handling and the price was within my budget without feeling deprived (moonroof incl.). I like the fact that you can get heated seats without splurging for leather/upgraded package (Ford take note). And then I found out it is assembled in Indiana. So I got a great "American" car after all!

4th Subaru
By subieman on 11/29/09 17:41 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently drove from Long Island to Atlantic City, and averaged 32mpg. Fuel economy was my reason for trading my tribeca, and the legacy didn't disappoint me. I've had two other legacy's, a 2000 gt limited and a 2005 gt limited turbo, but the 2010 is unlike either of them. The interior space is a great improvement, especially in the rear. The fit and finish is great, I'm no stranger to the boxer engine, and combined with the cvt, the car is a delight to drive. All in all, I love the car.

Wheel Shake
By Mike on 11/23/09 19:09 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Update on the 2010 Legacy with wheel shake and constant correction needed to keep the car straight. Weeks later and the dealer has advised me that other 2010 Legacy owners are coming into the dealer with the same wheel shake and highway drift problem but that Subaru Corp has not found the fix. I'm in the process of seeking legal recourse to return the car. For those owners who don't have this problem consider yourself lucky. For potential buyers consider this car with caution and be warned that the test car did not have the problem.

Solid all around and stylish
By combtace on 11/22/09 06:05 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After doing a lot of research, I settled on the 2010 Legacy 2.5i. The car is very solid on the road and very comfortable inside. The seat is very cozy and adjustable in so many ways. After a month I am still finding my perfect setting for it. My GF can't wait to take a long road trip in it bec pass area is so comf. The styling is very sleek and modern. I really think Subaru thought ahead on this one, despite what some reviewers have said about the inside cabin. It has a nice combination of tans, stainless look and black. Utility: both seats fold down in back and I was able to put a 6" long laundry table right in with no problem. I have 700 miles on it and 26 mpg on avg. Can't wait til winter!

1st Time Subaru Owner
By D on 11/21/09 15:22 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for an AWD car with CVT and the legacy was the perfect choice. I love the new Subaru..I agree with one of the reviewers that maybe 30hp increase would work very well. It's fun to drive and hugs the road very well. I am looking forward to driving it this winter.

Gotta love me turbo Subies
By Andre on 11/19/09 11:15 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third Subaru, and second Legacy. First Subie was a 2002 WRX, then a 2005 Legacy 2.5 Turbo GT. I loved my 2005 and yearned for more space and a six speed manual. I picked this car up three weeks ago and have 460 miles on it so I have not yet broken it in. The six speed has short, precise shifts. The engine is very smooth, and appears to have a bit more power than my 05. Subaru did one hell of a job adding space inside of this car. It is much bigger inside and much more comfortable. The 2.5GT Limited is a mean looking sedan, and is what the WRX strives to be. Great car, well equipped, fully loaded with NAV was 33K out the door and you CANNOT beat Subaru's AWD in the winter.

2010 GT limited review
By mikewvche on 11/18/09 17:15 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 1500 miles behind the wheel in various conditions (except snow) I feel able to make a fair review. This car has met all my expectations so far. Plenty of power (very responsive 265 HP turbo) and room (five average adults do fit with some room to spare). This car is fun to drive and practical at the same time (AWD is great). This is the fifth Subaru I have owned over the years and the third with AWD. Contrary to many of the reviews about the MT-6 transmission I find it to be very smooth shifting with good clutch feel. Compared to the MT-5's of years past this is the best Subaru manual I have experienced (especially from 1st to 2nd). The new look exterior does grow on you too.

2010 Legacy
By Joe on 11/16/09 17:27 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have put about 500 miles on my Legacy and am quite pleased with it. It could use a little more power but it is all wheel drive which eats up some horsepower. Gas mileage at this point is better than advertised on the window sticker. A really good looking sedan. Very comfortable inside.

No Comparison
By employee446 on 11/12/09 06:09 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Subaru steps up the mid-size legacy inside and out. We own an 05 and were looking for something with more room, luxury features and interior. Researched so many vehicles. Wanted AWD for safety so we looked to Audi and BMW to compare. This car is great on the things that matter. Comfortable, safe, great on fuel economy and striking looks. Limited package is definitely worth the price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*