Used 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Premium Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Lots of Room and Lots of Fun
By AZWolfpack

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have never owned a Subaru and never thought much about them but I stumbled upon this model after re-reading an older preview in Car and Driver. I went for the test drive and loved the car. There was plenty of room for 3 kids in the back seat and the wife liked everything about the car also. Big trunk, lots of headroom (I'm 6'5"), and fun to drive. It's hard to find a manual transmission these days but this has it and rowing your own is my preference. The car is very quick and there is little noise except from the tires which I can live with (and get some quieter ones when these wear out). Can't go wrong with this car.

Manual Transmission Bluetooth Interior Room Speed and handling

Be able to synch the bluetooth with my phone's address book (you have to manually enter numbers for the car phone book)

Hot car!
By Jessica

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my new Subaru. This is my first Subaru, no disappointments! The 6- speed transmission and clutch took a little getting used to, however the excitement and power make it well worth getting to know. This car has a high rear seat so backing up also took some practice. I was in the market for a Lexus/Infinity AWD, my advise for anyone in the same market. You owe the newly redesigned Subaru Legacy just one test drive.

The new design offers TONS of interior space and an exterior design that turn heads.

Make sure your new AWD GT is not sold with "summer tires" if you live in areas that receive snow. I am buying new all season tires for my 2010, that was discouraging. I had some difficulties making it through the winter storms despite my AWD.

2010 GT limited review
By mikewvche

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 1500 miles behind the wheel in various conditions (except snow) I feel able to make a fair review. This car has met all my expectations so far. Plenty of power (very responsive 265 HP turbo) and room (five average adults do fit with some room to spare). This car is fun to drive and practical at the same time (AWD is great). This is the fifth Subaru I have owned over the years and the third with AWD. Contrary to many of the reviews about the MT-6 transmission I find it to be very smooth shifting with good clutch feel. Compared to the MT-5's of years past this is the best Subaru manual I have experienced (especially from 1st to 2nd). The new look exterior does grow on you too.

Plenty of power but not too much. Interior is very spacious with comfortable leather seats (good lumbar support). Stereo is the best factory systems I have experienced. The hood now has hydraulics lifts instead of the cheap/flimsy post in the hole of years past. The trunk also is easy to access.

The hazard button is in a bad location for a manual transmission (very easy to bump on). Only offer summer performance tires (should be high performance all seasons to allow for winter driving). Some of the controls are hard to find but aside from the emergency brake are luckily not used often.

Not much slower than my STI
By Martin

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my 2008 STI on this vehicle. I was impressed by its performance and the quality of the design. I share this car with my wife and she loves this car.

Performance, crisp shifting and handling. Fine build quality.

None

Traded '05 GT for revamped 2010 GT
By ADKGT'er

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Subaru did the right thing by making a more spacious interior, particularly legroom. Design remains 'under the radar' and turbo remains very quick, can snap to 100MPH by surprise, no dog here. Handling is smoother/ quieter than prior design, not quite the road feel tho. Just over 1200 miles & no issues, like it better each day.

GREAT LEG ROOM finally!! Premium sound system with bluetooth phone connection is a plus. Turbo fast when you need the speed.

No real complaints at all, nice re-do by Subaru; to be real picky- the bucket seats are very comfortable but don't hug you like the other seats did.