2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Not bad for the price
By Albert on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru having had Hondas and Toyatas. I decided on this because of the AWD capability. Initially, the acceleration was painful given my experience with Honda and Toyota but after about 3K miles (I now have about 5K on it) it seems not to be a problem and Ok for the Chicago ways. I'm getting about 28-30 miles/gallon for a 30 miles drive to work which is about 1/2 traffic jam. The inside is spacious, blue tooth and home link work well but some of the inside seams seems to come off easily. People admired the outside design so much and they're shock to learn I didn't pay anywhere near Audi/Lexus/Accura/Nissan Maxima. I'm waiting to see how it fares in the Winter

My first Subaru
By eric on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my first Subaru because I wanted a reliable car, good gas mileage, and all wheel drive. I don't really know how reliable it is because I've only had it a year. I got all that with this car except for a clunking noise thats coming from the brakes when you first start the car after its been sitting a while. I step on the brakes and it sounds like the calipers are stiff when they squeeze the brake pads.

Good family car for snow belt
By OmahaNE on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As the title states, I feel this is one of the best family cars available for folks that have to deal with snow. I look at most other cars in this class and my decision came down to the VW Passat and the Subaru. The Subaru's interior space, quiet ride and predicted reliability won-out. It has been almost a year and 10,000 miles and I am still happy with my decision. Fuel mileage has been great - 25 city and 30+ highway. The car has enough power and I would even say the engine sounds good. The car does require a lot of correction in a crosswind and stepping over the body skirts is annoying. The car is not sporty to drive. For example an Accord is much more nimble.

Pleasant surprise
By JAYRAY on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I previously owned 3 Nissan Maximas and 1 Nissan Altima since 1999. I liked all of these vehicles. I was in the market for another Altima but the style was the same since 1997. The Maximas were becoming too expensive, so I began shopping for a new brand. My brother put me on to the Legacy. I test drove one and loved it and still love it almost a year later. The 4 cyl. is adequately powered not in the range of the 6 cyl Nissans but it gets you where you want to go. The gas mileage is pretty good for an AWD. I find the car to be very comfortable and roomy. I have had many compliments on the styling. I have no problem saying that I like it as much as the Nissans that I owned.

Chiropractor should be included!
By JR on 09/07/10 09:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have put about 23,000 miles on this vehicle to date. Initially it seemed like a great car for the money. First and foremost, this is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. You will not realize this until you drive over 2 hours. I first thought it was me until I had others drive it and agree. I have since bought additional cushions which only slightly help the issue. Temp only adjusts hot or cold. They have replaced this unit multiple times and still not right. Automatic lights flicker on/off when going under an overpass in the middle of the day. Again could not fix! Clunky transmission that will not find a gear and act as if the car is in neutral. Scary in traffic!

10K and all is OK
By Joe-in-MD on 08/27/10 06:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We just passed the 10,000 mile mark and I am very satisfied with the Legacy on all counts. Perhaps I'm getting used to the CVT, but the MPG just gets better and better. Drove from MD to Williamsburg, VA and clocked 33 MPG. Averaged 75-85 MPH highway with AC full blast. Would buy another - or perhaps the similar Outback.

Very nice car
By Fond Owner on 07/24/10 21:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We wanted an AWD commute car, and are very pleased with the Legacy 2.5i Limited. Excellent gas mileage, 31-33 on 2 recent trips. Very sharp handling with upgraded Continental tires. Quite comfortable with leather seats and very good sound system. Excellent passenger room.

First Nine Months have been Great !
By Joe on 06/08/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I liked this car from the start, though I was looking for something more sporty. My interior needs centered around my family of four. The Legacy has plenty of room. Subarus are still iron clad reliable (we owned a '95 Impreza - and loved it). The east coast blizzards of 2010 put this baby to the test and she passed easily. I utilized the shift paddles throughout. In normal weather, I opt for the CVT and I can attest to the improved economy in this mode.

Very pleased
By Sam on 05/26/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a solidly-built, nicely styled car. Great gas mileage--significantly better than posted on the window sticker. Quiet cabin. Comfortable seating. Storage is well laid out, and though the trunk is considered average in size, the space is very accessible. Five stars all around on safety. The 2.5 engine provides comfortable performance for everyday driving, but will not snap your neck from a standing start. Not a bad trade-off, though, when I get well over 30 mpg on a road trip.

2.5i Limited with Power Moonroof
By Pat on 05/15/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned the car since August and about 3000 miles later I hit a deer at highway speed. I am a female and was alone at the time. I've never hit an animal before let alone a deer. The crash ratings on the vehicle lived up to every expectation. The impact was the front end driver's side and fender. I couldn't open the drivers door and I thought the deer was out there dead, but alas he was gone. I was able to maintain control of the vehicle. I didn't hit anyone else and I did not get hurt. The vehicle crumpled as expected, the air bags did not go off as it did not hit all the sensors and the frame was not impacted. I have driven it 5500 miles since the accident and have had no issues.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*