2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Lots of Room and Lots of Fun
By AZWolfpack on 08/27/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have never owned a Subaru and never thought much about them but I stumbled upon this model after re-reading an older preview in Car and Driver. I went for the test drive and loved the car. There was plenty of room for 3 kids in the back seat and the wife liked everything about the car also. Big trunk, lots of headroom (I'm 6'5"), and fun to drive. It's hard to find a manual transmission these days but this has it and rowing your own is my preference. The car is very quick and there is little noise except from the tires which I can live with (and get some quieter ones when these wear out). Can't go wrong with this car.

Hot car!
By Jessica on 05/10/10 14:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my new Subaru. This is my first Subaru, no disappointments! The 6- speed transmission and clutch took a little getting used to, however the excitement and power make it well worth getting to know. This car has a high rear seat so backing up also took some practice. I was in the market for a Lexus/Infinity AWD, my advise for anyone in the same market. You owe the newly redesigned Subaru Legacy just one test drive.

2010 GT limited review
By mikewvche on 11/18/09 17:15 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After 1500 miles behind the wheel in various conditions (except snow) I feel able to make a fair review. This car has met all my expectations so far. Plenty of power (very responsive 265 HP turbo) and room (five average adults do fit with some room to spare). This car is fun to drive and practical at the same time (AWD is great). This is the fifth Subaru I have owned over the years and the third with AWD. Contrary to many of the reviews about the MT-6 transmission I find it to be very smooth shifting with good clutch feel. Compared to the MT-5's of years past this is the best Subaru manual I have experienced (especially from 1st to 2nd). The new look exterior does grow on you too.

Not much slower than my STI
By Martin on 10/04/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my 2008 STI on this vehicle. I was impressed by its performance and the quality of the design. I share this car with my wife and she loves this car.

Traded '05 GT for revamped 2010 GT
By ADKGT'er on 09/22/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Subaru did the right thing by making a more spacious interior, particularly legroom. Design remains 'under the radar' and turbo remains very quick, can snap to 100MPH by surprise, no dog here. Handling is smoother/ quieter than prior design, not quite the road feel tho. Just over 1200 miles & no issues, like it better each day.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*