2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
So THIS is why people buy imports..
By helloiamjohn on 05/12/14 09:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was originally looking for a 4x4/awd crossover SUV. The salesman had none around, but wanted to show me this Subaru, a brand I knew only a few (good) things about. The weather was really bad that day, with schools closed due to icy roads, but the Legacy killed it. No drama, and the heater was a champ. It feels like an extremely nice, intelligent vehicle, and the truly awesome MPG combined with the looks, comfort, and reknowned reliability sold me on it. I am so glad I tried it.

All good except the seats are a pain
By roaddogs70 on 05/30/12 20:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Except for the intolerable seats...I like my Subaru and everything else about this car. Economical, reliable, easy to see out of it. Good size trunk. Good in the snow and rough roads. Feels somewhat primitive and mechanical, but well connected. Good build quality. It makes me unhappy to report how uncomfortable this car is on longer trips. My wife and I can't wait to get to a rest stop...just to get out and stretch our backs and behinds. We have taken our Legacy cross country for a 5,000 mile trip...no problems with the car...big problems for us sitting in it. It is really unfortunate these seats feel so uncomfortable.

Love my Legacy Great MPG
By misss on 05/12/12 23:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Legacy for two years now. Bought it new. When I take long drive I'm making 34 MPG. Right now with some city and mostly highway I'm getting about 29 MPG. It's a little less in the winter time with all the idling we do in the cold weather. Love the heated seats and heated side mirrors. I feel really safe on our icy roads in the winter. Would by another in a heart beat.

2010 Legacy Nice Car
By tsizzle on 10/15/11 18:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the car new and have over 40K miles on it. Great gas milage especially on the hwy going 70-80 mph. - Averages 34 mi/gal. The ride is smooth both in the city and hwy. Very peppy. I have the upgraded radio which is nice. No problems at all. The car is very light but I feel safe. Great handling - almost impossible to loose control. It's a great car I plan to put alot of miles on. Love the paddle shifters on the steering column - I downshift alot instead of using brakes. Lots of trunk space. I use full synthetic oil and change it every 10K miles. I recommend this for a commuter car and have 2 boys 9 & 5. Very good for my lifestyle and budget.

Great Car for Tall Commuter in the Snow
By vtcommuter on 07/02/11 06:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is perfect for a taller person who commutes in a snowy environment. This car gets good gas mileage (28mph at 75mpg on highway) considering it's AWD - which I like to have in Vermont. If you don't need the AWD you can do much better (toyota camry hybrid). Also, the handling is average. But for someone with my specific needs, this car is just perfect.

Just Took Ownership of a 2010 Legacy - CPO
By almatti on 02/28/11 14:32 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in out 2008 Mazda 3 s Touring for the Subbie. Their CPO program allowed us to make a great deal on a "new " Car with 7400 miles on it. 6 yr, 2.99% financing, 6 year - 100k Powertrain Warranty (I have 2 years remaining on the origional new car warranty). Takes getting used to the CVT, but after a couple drives, it works very well. Drives like a Bigger car for sure, pretty well planted. Handling could be a little tighter. The Premium package should have include the 17" wheels and wider tires (I will be doing that soon). Very roomy interior, decent Cloth seating, only fair stock radio.

Happy :)
By wmartini on 01/23/11 09:15 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car rides well and is very comfortable for everyone in my family to drive- from 6'0 230 to 5'6 120. I really like the Engine/Trans. combination and the mileage for a full size AWD car is amazing. The 6 cylinder has more boogie but doesn't get the CVT trans. so the MPG is not as good and of course it's more money up front. If you don't care much about mileage and have the coin go with the 6- it's trans. is silky smooth and the extra power is sweet. That being said, the 4cyl and CVT is loosening up and car is getting much faster. I don't mind sacrificing speed for mileage at $3.10 plus a gallon!

amazing
By xhcxkid on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

by far a milestone of accomplishments. between the usefulness of the awd the improved gas mileage and the excellent handling I can't complain about this car

Not bad for the price
By Albert on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru having had Hondas and Toyatas. I decided on this because of the AWD capability. Initially, the acceleration was painful given my experience with Honda and Toyota but after about 3K miles (I now have about 5K on it) it seems not to be a problem and Ok for the Chicago ways. I'm getting about 28-30 miles/gallon for a 30 miles drive to work which is about 1/2 traffic jam. The inside is spacious, blue tooth and home link work well but some of the inside seams seems to come off easily. People admired the outside design so much and they're shock to learn I didn't pay anywhere near Audi/Lexus/Accura/Nissan Maxima. I'm waiting to see how it fares in the Winter

I finally "get" the Subaru commercials..
By Kat on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow. After spending MONTHS test driving and flipping back and forth between the Honda Accord EX-L & Toyota Camry, I decided that I wasn't really in love with either of them and looked for something "more". I definitely found it in my Subaru GT. All the options... leather, sunroof, turbo, bluetooth, etc. plus Subaru safety & reliability. Tons of leg room in the front AND back, and interior quality is outstanding. The leather is better quality than our Acura! Trunk is large, but the opening is narrow... getting our stroller in & out can be tricky.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*