Used 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Love it
By Charles Lopez

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The sales man was the best love my car

So far pretty good car
By Tom Megashko

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my Subaru Legacy brand new and it's now 5 years old.The vehicle is fun to drive.Handles great and acceleration is good for a 4 cylinder.As of yet haven't had any squeaks or rattles to date and car feels solid/well built.I would consider another Subaru down the road.

Negatives-As I have read on other reviews on this page,two main complaints.I to have had to replace low beam lights way to frequently and get excuses from the dealer.Also,the seats aren't comfortable as others have stated.Especially on longer trips.

Death by Subaru vs. Contributory Negligence Laws
By viennashopper

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.6R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

In November 2014 our adult son left the house for his 20-minute commute to work in his 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited Sedan. It was clear, cool and dry that morning. According to an eyewitness, the car roared down the street at a speed of some 50 mph sounding like a garbage truck. In less than 400 feet and about six seconds, the Legacy veered over a neighbor’s curb, pivoted and hit a tree at 45 mph (per Police Department). We assume this was his attempt to slow and stop the runaway vehicle without killing or injuring anyone. Regrettably, our son died the following week as a direct result of this unintended acceleration incident.

Subaru of America Customer Service was contacted quickly, with their promise that a decision would be made within 24 hours as to a Subaru investigation. (Similar incidents have been attributable to defective computer chips which have the ‘authority’ to control the throttle). Instead, the matter went to their insurance company, then an outsourced litigation attorney. A full month later, a perfunctory 1970’s style investigation totally disregarded the advanced computer controls and diagnostics of a 2010 Subaru. The examiner’s excuse was that the battery and electrical system had been damaged. Needless to say, this was totally unsatisfactory, and very shameful for the Subaru organization.

Clearly, Subaru’s focus was on minimizing liability at the risk of damaging their reputation, as well as the lives of other Legacy owners. However, due to archaic contributory negligence laws in VA, MD, AL, NC, and D.C., they were safe, since these laws absolve Subaru unless found to be 100% negligible. Anything less, even 99% guilty and there is no case. The 1% need only focus on issues unrelated to the product defect, (i.e., driver distraction, texting, health issues, age, driving experience, disability, etc.), to win the case for their client/defendant, which effectively makes the product defect disappear.

Goes through headlights like crazy!
By rachelinmn

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2010 Legacy new. In 4.5 years, I have had to replace 5 low-beam headlights. The dealership gave me multiple excuses that made no sense. The customer service rep at Subaru headquarters said she thought it was reasonable to replace a headlight every 22,000 miles, and would do nothing. At $70 per replacement, I cannot afford to keep this car. Very disappointed in Subaru's quality and customer service.

So THIS is why people buy imports..
By helloiamjohn

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was originally looking for a 4x4/awd crossover SUV. The salesman had none around, but wanted to show me this Subaru, a brand I knew only a few (good) things about. The weather was really bad that day, with schools closed due to icy roads, but the Legacy killed it. No drama, and the heater was a champ. It feels like an extremely nice, intelligent vehicle, and the truly awesome MPG combined with the looks, comfort, and reknowned reliability sold me on it. I am so glad I tried it.

the 2.5 provides fairly peppy acceleration. Gas mileage is awesome! over 30 on the highway around 70mph A big tank+great mpg= extremely long range (I'm thinking I could go close to 500 miles without getting gas, all hwy, in town more like 350-400) The lumbar support makes the driver's seat really comfy. HUGE legroom for every seat in the car visibility doesn't get any better than this. paddle shifters are fun when you want them Sound system quality is good, and the interior just looks awesome.

The only thing I don't have that is heated seats, and I'm sure that's readily available on other instances of this model. This car has made me a big Subaru fan, even though I used to swear I'd never drive an import. I love it.