Used 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Not bad for the price
By Albert

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru having had Hondas and Toyatas. I decided on this because of the AWD capability. Initially, the acceleration was painful given my experience with Honda and Toyota but after about 3K miles (I now have about 5K on it) it seems not to be a problem and Ok for the Chicago ways. I'm getting about 28-30 miles/gallon for a 30 miles drive to work which is about 1/2 traffic jam. The inside is spacious, blue tooth and home link work well but some of the inside seams seems to come off easily. People admired the outside design so much and they're shock to learn I didn't pay anywhere near Audi/Lexus/Accura/Nissan Maxima. I'm waiting to see how it fares in the Winter

exterior design, inside equipment, fuel economy, the price compared to other vehicles in its class.

folding mirrors with signal light would have been great. The open door light does not indicate which specific door is opened. Dealers for servicing are somewhat far to find

My first Subaru
By eric

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my first Subaru because I wanted a reliable car, good gas mileage, and all wheel drive. I don't really know how reliable it is because I've only had it a year. I got all that with this car except for a clunking noise thats coming from the brakes when you first start the car after its been sitting a while. I step on the brakes and it sounds like the calipers are stiff when they squeeze the brake pads.

Leather Interior, radio, comfort, design, trunk space and interior room is great. I've taken it on a few 3 hour drives and they were very enjoyable.

The problem I have is there is a loud clunking noise coming from the brakes when I first start the car in the morning. The brakes make a lot of strange noises but then it stops after a few minutes. Dealer checked 2 times and "found nothing" please let me know if anyone has had the same problem!

Good family car for snow belt
By OmahaNE

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As the title states, I feel this is one of the best family cars available for folks that have to deal with snow. I look at most other cars in this class and my decision came down to the VW Passat and the Subaru. The Subaru's interior space, quiet ride and predicted reliability won-out. It has been almost a year and 10,000 miles and I am still happy with my decision. Fuel mileage has been great - 25 city and 30+ highway. The car has enough power and I would even say the engine sounds good. The car does require a lot of correction in a crosswind and stepping over the body skirts is annoying. The car is not sporty to drive. For example an Accord is much more nimble.

Interior comfort, quiet and smooth ride, stereo, bluetooth, gas mileage, safety features, all wheel drive, transmission, exterior design

More sporty handling, different front end style, smaller body skirt below doors, quicker transmission change between drive and reverse, better handling in a crosswind

Pleasant surprise
By JAYRAY

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I previously owned 3 Nissan Maximas and 1 Nissan Altima since 1999. I liked all of these vehicles. I was in the market for another Altima but the style was the same since 1997. The Maximas were becoming too expensive, so I began shopping for a new brand. My brother put me on to the Legacy. I test drove one and loved it and still love it almost a year later. The 4 cyl. is adequately powered not in the range of the 6 cyl Nissans but it gets you where you want to go. The gas mileage is pretty good for an AWD. I find the car to be very comfortable and roomy. I have had many compliments on the styling. I have no problem saying that I like it as much as the Nissans that I owned.

AWD, got it just in time for the worst winter in Philadelphia in the history of weather keeping. Roominess inside. No goose neck hinges in the trunk, lets you pack more. Gas mileage, Harmon Kardon 9 speaker sound system, better than the Bose I had in last 4 cars. Ride is very good. Seats are comf.

2010 model does not have fold in side mirrors. 2011 model corrected this. Power window/lock control cluster on inside of drivers door could be made to rise up and taper down to allow for more left leg room.

Chiropractor should be included!
By JR

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have put about 23,000 miles on this vehicle to date. Initially it seemed like a great car for the money. First and foremost, this is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. You will not realize this until you drive over 2 hours. I first thought it was me until I had others drive it and agree. I have since bought additional cushions which only slightly help the issue. Temp only adjusts hot or cold. They have replaced this unit multiple times and still not right. Automatic lights flicker on/off when going under an overpass in the middle of the day. Again could not fix! Clunky transmission that will not find a gear and act as if the car is in neutral. Scary in traffic!

It gives a great first impression, but that's about it.

Many: New seats, fixed flawed transmission, Adjust auto lights, Fix temp issues. Bottom Line: Car has many issues and Subaru Dealer is the worst ever. I cannot wait to unload this car.