2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Worth the wait

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

Worth the wait
By Myra K on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Legacy for 1 year now and just love it. It's fun to drive and gets excellent highway miles. My first not a mom car...but it's a really cool grandma car. Whenever I mentioned wanting to get a Subaru to anyone they always had good things to say about them whereas when I'd mention possibly getting a different car they always had a nice car but... answers. We have owned 2 previous used Subaru's in the past and have gotten almost 300,000 miles on them. Expect to get many dependable years from my Legacy.

Love the moon roof. Stereo sounds great...especially with the windows open. Sporty styling yet I can still haul 5 people when needed. Handles great. Love the fold down seats for extra hauling. We use ski pass to haul our fishing poles.

Headrests a little uncomfortable. Tire inflation light comes on when temperature is cold outside. A bit small on space compared to other cars of similar size. Big Hazard light button on dash on passenger side...why? Light colored seats with built in airbags...can't use seat covers. Big clunky key.