2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Very Happy First time Suby Own

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

Very Happy First time Suby Owner
By rjslemm on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my 09 SE for about 3.5 months, and have loved every minute of it with 109K on her. Sheila had a minor blip with a blown tranny after a week, but I can almost attribute that to the previous owner. After a fight with the dealer it was fixed for free, with a loaner I hated(2012 Nissan Altima/CVT) Unfortunately Subaru no longer makes the 4 speed auto so I wound up with a 30K tranny, but she still runs and drives like a dream, fun to drive wet and dry, and am moving from PA to OKC before the next winter, so her snow will be limited, but I know she can handle it.

Competitive rarity, Harmon/Kardon sound with the subwoofer, moonroof, well, absolutely love the entire car. The seats are supportive in all the right places and comfortable on long drives, My 5-8 frame has no problem with a "lack of thigh support" some complain about.

Subaru needs to go to a modern 6-speed auto and leave the current CVT out of the equation, but thats irrelevant to the 09.