2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Dang good car

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

Dang good car
By imacarguy on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 20,000 miles and it was certified pre owned. I am accustomed to powerful cars, and this car isn't. That's ok, because there is more to a car than drag races. The power is adequate, but I think Subaru should tune the 4 pot to 200hp, then bump the 3.0 a little more. Very fun in corners, and the rain. Beware the stock Yokohama Advan tires. Crap, especially in the rain. Otherwise a great car. I like the looks of this generation more than the current, especially in sedan form.

Does well in the rain, but the tires quit too soon. Have taken the car through soft wet sand in the pouring rain at Folsom Lake. Very fun. Harmon Kardon stereo is more than adequate for factory stereo. Not the fastest car, but fun to drive. Looks good in satin white pearl with tinted windows, like mine. Also removed the badges, and it just has a clean look.

I average 22.5mpg in all city, and 30+ on just highway. I wish this model had the 5 speed auto on the naturally aspirated 4 pot; the 4 speed gets confused sometimes. Now the Legacy has the CVT, which I have driven for a few hundred miles, and it is ok. I have problems with the driver seat backrest creaking, and it has been to the dealer twice for it in 2 months, and still not fixed.