2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Sold on Subaru for Life

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Limited Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Sold on Subaru for Life
By kcan on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Spent around a year researching a new car. This was the perfect fit for what I wanted. It fits all of my practical needs but retains a lot of personality on the road. The AWD system is amazing. This car never loses its composure. The car drives through rain and snow without losing a beat. Then handling is also fantastic, without beating the passengers senseless. Getting about 25 mpg on average w/ a majority of city driving. Inside, the seats are firm and supportive, but comfy. The Harmon Kardon speakers sound great. I have no regrets on my purchase. Compared to Nissan Altima, Volvo S40, VW Passat, and Saab 9-3, this blew them all away. I'll probably be buying Subarus for a long time to come.

Turning radius/handling. Easy to park this car anywhere, and its a blast when going through corners AWD Harmon Kardon sound system. The generally well-planned layout and usefulness of various items that usually go unnoticed, like the tail light covers in the trunk.

I get a few rattles, most of which are produced by the sound system As always, gas mileage and performance could always be improved. Can be a little snug when the car is full of taller people.