2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: My 1st SUBARU-"It's a keeper"

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2009 Subaru Legacy

2.5i Special Edition Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

My 1st SUBARU-"It's a keeper"
By hank60 on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This 2009 Legacy is a good value for what it is; I bought it used with about 20k miles on it---now it's 4 yrs later with over 75k miles. The AWD is great for the Ohio winters, especially once I replaced the OE tires with higher quality treads. I get about 25 mpg overall city/hwy which is not great, but for having AWD and the comfort and space for me, it's OK. I appreciate the rear seatbacks which fold forward, which gives extra space for storage, or transporting materials from Home Depot when doing weekend projects. I wish the engine had more power for quicker acceleration at times, but it's adequate most of the time. The car has been basically trouble-free...it's a KEEPER for me!

The AWD makes this car unique in it's price range with a great reliability history; I like the fold-down rear seats which vastly increases the cargo capacity when needed. The combination of traction and stability control on a vehicle with AWD makes this car very safe in all kinds of weather.

I wish the car was quieter, with more power and better gas mileage, with upgraded technological features---IT SEEMS THAT THIS ISSUES HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED IN THE NEWER MODELS.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review