2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Love my Legacy!

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Special Edition Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Love my Legacy!
By New Subaru owner on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I was forced to abandon ownership of my Jetta because no one in my town was talented enough to fix it - I looked at the Subaru. I live in the mountains in NC - and thought that AWD would be a good idea. I bought a 2009 Legacy (2.5 Special Edition issue). Although the "pick up" isn't quite like my Jetta - everything else more than surpasses my expectations and desires. My favorite part is the stability - in rain (no ice yet, but am waiting for winter), the car handles hazardous road conditions like a magnet on steel. I was amazed. I also love the stereo system - especially since I can plug in my iPod. Now I can listen to Stephanie Miller podcasts on my way to work. I love my Subaru!

My favorite part - the handling. It's better than my Jetta and I don't have to put 19" tires on my car anymore!! I love it. Also - I'm like a lot of other folks ~ I get 34 mpg on the highway - which is mostly where I do my driving. Amazing.

The only thing I would suggest is for the car to have more get-up-and-go. (I guess the Jetta spoiled me - but the Subaru excels in reliability, so I can handle the slower accelerating vehicle.) At least it doesn't break down on me monthly like the Jetta did.