2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love my Legacy!

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Legacy!
By New Subaru owner on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I was forced to abandon ownership of my Jetta because no one in my town was talented enough to fix it - I looked at the Subaru. I live in the mountains in NC - and thought that AWD would be a good idea. I bought a 2009 Legacy (2.5 Special Edition issue). Although the "pick up" isn't quite like my Jetta - everything else more than surpasses my expectations and desires. My favorite part is the stability - in rain (no ice yet, but am waiting for winter), the car handles hazardous road conditions like a magnet on steel. I was amazed. I also love the stereo system - especially since I can plug in my iPod. Now I can listen to Stephanie Miller podcasts on my way to work. I love my Subaru!

Favorite Features

My favorite part - the handling. It's better than my Jetta and I don't have to put 19" tires on my car anymore!! I love it. Also - I'm like a lot of other folks ~ I get 34 mpg on the highway - which is mostly where I do my driving. Amazing.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would suggest is for the car to have more get-up-and-go. (I guess the Jetta spoiled me - but the Subaru excels in reliability, so I can handle the slower accelerating vehicle.) At least it doesn't break down on me monthly like the Jetta did.