Highly Underrated Performance Sedan
By Eric D. on
2009 Subaru Legacy 3.0R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I've had my 2009 Legacy 3.0R with nav for almost three months now and I absolutely love it. Its 3.0 V6 is incredibly smooth and quick, the interior (mine is black leather) is gorgeous -it looks like a much more expensive car on the inside- and its exterior styling is unlike other cars. I love that you don't see many Legacys on the road. It makes them somewhat unique. The AWD, 18" rims, Bilstein shocks, paddle shifters, and SI Drive make it a performance sedan. Although it's a four-door, it doesn't feel like one on the inside. It sits low and is narrow. It's the perfect size. I do wish the car had more technology features like an improved nav system, proximity key, HID headlights, etc.
Favorite Features
Nav system works well. Harman Kardon stereo sounds great (but read below). Electroluminescent gauges are easy to read. I love the exterior color (diamond gray metallic) and the 18" rims, and of course the AWD. Seat leather is high-end. SI Drive is fun. I have gotten so many compliments on the car!
Suggested Improvements
Update nav screen graphics. Harman Kardon front door speakers cause the plastic door trim to rattle and it's MADDENING. The dealership can't figure out how to fix it. Needs HID lights. More torque. Glove box & vanity mirror lights don't illuminate unless key is on, which is strange.