2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Handles like no other

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Special Edition Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Handles like no other
By Tony Torres on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle handles like no other. This is the fourth "new" car I have owned, and it handles far better than any new car I have ever driven. I traded in my clunker...96 chevy tahoe with a 5.7 litre V8, so the 4 cylinder took a bit of getting used to, but as I get accustomed to the power, it is pretty snappy. Seats not too comfortable for long drives, but it's very easy and very fun to drive. I took it up to the Colorado mountains twice and it climbs with ease and handles those curves, above the speed limit, without so much as a mild screech. This vehicle is phenomenal, I love it, I recommend it to everyone. The elderly may find it too low to the ground, so it is with most "cars".

Interior is gorgeous, mine is ivory (dangerous for stains) but contrasts with black carpet and metallic trim. Handling is superior.

Gas mileage could be better, but understandable for for AWD. Engine is loud on a cold start, I thought something was wrong with it. Wish I could have afforded the 2010, because it is way bigger inside. 2009 is a little tight, but functional.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review