An overlooked offering
By Chris on
2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I did a lot of research (both online and in person) before buying. Safety was a huge factor for me, so the great safety ratings and crash test results were a large part my decision. I ended up getting a 2009 Legacy Limited sedan. It handles very well. The 2009 has stability control standard. Feels pretty sporty around the curves. The AWD helps. The base engine has more than enough power for my driving habits. If you need more, get the turbo or 6 cylinder. The interior layout is great; very logical and oriented toward the driver. For a "family car" it's a fun car to drive. It's a little small compared to other midsized sedans, but is comfortable for average sized adults.
Favorite Features
The Harman Kardon stereo was a very nice touch. It sounds magnificent! The handling is nice and tight. Clean and logical cockpit layout. You don't see a ton of them on the road; which makes it a little unique.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is not great, but for the AWD it's a decent trade off. Some taller or bigger people might find it a bit tight inside. Would be nice if base engine was 5 speeds instead of 4 (smoother).