Used 2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Great Car!
By Ed

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Subaru--2 Legacys and one Outback. This is a company car that I drive daily and put over 40,000 miles on per year. To say the least, they have all been great cars. Zero problems with any of them. Between the 3, I've put over 200,000 miles on these cars-- not too bad. The AWD works great in wet weather. This is a very safe, very stable car. I wish the base engine had a little more spunk and wish the ipod input was on the dash instead of in the console. Other than that, buy one, change the oil every 7,500 miles and drive, drive, drive... Oh, and the gas mileage is great. I average 30+ MPG on the interstate with the cruise set between 75-78.

Styling, safety.

Put the ipod jack on the dash and tweak a little more power out of the base engine.

Suprise!
By Brian

2009 Subaru Legacy 3.0R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

OK, so my clunker died and it was time for new wheels. I am a 35 year old man, and a father. I wanted something fun, sporty, comfy, and fun to drive. And I found it! I could not be happier with my Legacy 3.0R Limited. The car is a rocket, smooth as silk on the road, and is loaded with enough features to keep me busy for the next 6 months figuring them all out. Nav works well, although sometimes takes an odd turn or two. The car is a beauty, and accelerates better than any I have ever driven (and I test drive frequently as I am a car lover). This is a driver's car in every way, and Subaru deserves more street cred after making a machine like this one! I truly look forward to driving.

Interior is stylish and cool. Even the plastic feels and looks high class. Exterior is timeless and simple. My silver car with moonroof will turn heads.

Gas mileage is so-so... 17-20 in city, 25-31 highway... but gauges let you know your consumption and I have actually used these to learn how to drive more efficiently. BLUETOOTH would be nice... not many improvements needed!

Great Choice
By Lou

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my Subaru for 1 month and I'm loving it! It handles great and is just a pleasure to drive.

The subtle but very stylish looks. Great stereo. Great handling in inclement weather.

Better gas mileage.

Best kept secret
By New Lego Driver

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had this car 4 months now and love it. My wife and I used to alternate driving our cars around town but now I drive everywhere. The car is getting the rated mileage unlike the Nissan Versa I traded in. I get about 21 mpg in 90% city driving and about 27 on the hwy. You'll be hard pressed to find a family sedan with AWD, a moon roof and this level of refinement for the price.

The HK stereo is the best car stereo I've ever heard. Simple, elegant console layout that won't make you drive off the road trying to find a button. Comfy seats compared to my old Accord. Smooth handling & adequate power, I actually like the 4 speed AT. Very sharp exterior, & of course AWD.

More rear leg room and taller trunk. The headrests do take some getting used to but once you do you'll find you can actually rest your head while you drive.

Best Kept Secret of All Time
By SubaruFan

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We leased this car based on our positive experience with our 2008 Impreza Outback Sport. This 2009 Legacy Special Edition is an unbelievable value considering the TOP SAFETY ratings. This car has TOP IIHS safety ratings which is important to me for my college age daughter. THIS car handles and accelerates very well. It is EXTREMELY QUIET even at highway speeds. The four speed transmission is MORE than ADEQUATE regardless of what others have written. Highway gas mileage is above 30 mpg with City mileage ranging from 25-26 mpg. AWD, SAFETY, RELIABILITY (see Consumer Reports), Comfort, and STYLE make this car a TRUE winner in my opinion.

SAFETY, AWD, HANDLING, STYLE, Harmon Kardon Sound,Reliability Ratings, Auto Dimming Home Link Mirror, Single Key/Keyfob.

Hmmmm...For $199 per month, what more could I ask for?