2009 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: 3.0R around 1k miles initial r

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

3.0R around 1k miles initial review
By Eui on

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car suit my needs well. 4DR sedan with AWD, enough power, comfortable ride. It has all the features that I need, plus a moon roof that I did not really need (standard on 3.0R). All that for around $25k price tag was acceptable. I don't make much use of SI drive. I leave it on Sport mode, and take it easy on the throttle instead of making the computer do it for me. That way, I get fuel economy and throttle response also when needed. The MPG gauge does not show much of a difference unless I use low gear acceleration with Sport mode. Score of 6 for fuel economy is fair. Any worse then 17 city and 24 highway then I would not have considered this car, and the estimate seems accurate.

AWD. Not just because it's AWD, but also how it works. It behaves closer to a RWD. It sends more torque to the rear wheel from what I've read, and it feels like it. The HK speakers sound good, and the cabin is quiet enough to enjoy music, even at highway speed. V6 engine is quiet enough. Valet key.

The most significant thing that I don't like about this car is the not so smooth 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd auto gear shifting. From 3rd and higher, it's acceptably smooth. Having a foot rest is great, but it's not wide enough, and there's a hump on the upper left corner. I don't like DRL.