Used 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Rugged, agile, attractive and a bargain
By John

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car after a whole year of online research and test drives. Completely satisfied after a month of ownership. We needed a safe car for our 5-year-old twins, and the Legacy is definitely that. It's also a real pleasure to drive. The overall impression is that it's extremely solid, but also very agile (not an easy combination). Steering is just about perfect -- responsive and precise. The engine is smooth and has good torque. Visibility is great. Simple, no hassle driving and parking. Interior design is very handsome and oozes quality. Not a large car, but big enough for a family of 4. Superior value for the money. I'll post again after driving in winter conditions.

Rugged feel combined with sharp handling. High quality construction. Attractive and driver-oriented interior.

Power seat memory. Turn signals on side mirrors. Storage for sunglasses.

An overlooked offering
By Chris

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research (both online and in person) before buying. Safety was a huge factor for me, so the great safety ratings and crash test results were a large part my decision. I ended up getting a 2009 Legacy Limited sedan. It handles very well. The 2009 has stability control standard. Feels pretty sporty around the curves. The AWD helps. The base engine has more than enough power for my driving habits. If you need more, get the turbo or 6 cylinder. The interior layout is great; very logical and oriented toward the driver. For a "family car" it's a fun car to drive. It's a little small compared to other midsized sedans, but is comfortable for average sized adults.

The Harman Kardon stereo was a very nice touch. It sounds magnificent! The handling is nice and tight. Clean and logical cockpit layout. You don't see a ton of them on the road; which makes it a little unique.

Gas mileage is not great, but for the AWD it's a decent trade off. Some taller or bigger people might find it a bit tight inside. Would be nice if base engine was 5 speeds instead of 4 (smoother).

Great Buy
By DDOC

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just picked up my 2009 Legacy Limited. Impressed by just about every feature of this car. The only con that I may note would be that the vehicle has frame less windows. When you close the door you get your fingerprint smudges all over the window. Other than that it is an awesome vehicle.

Design, interior, HK stereo, AWD

Window frames, better arm rest in front

Ltd
By rm

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at purchasing a new car for about a year. Looked at Saturn Aura, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord Coupe. The Saturn was very nice but the build quality was not that great + I didn't know if the dealership would exist in the future. The Accord coupe rode very hard, the seats were very hard + the dashboard was too busy. Hadn't considered another Subaru (have a 2005 Outback 2.5i) until I determined I didn't like the Saturn or Honda. Drove the Forester (great!) then decided getting the Legacy was a no-brainer, given the reliability of my Outback. I gave the Outback to my wife & purchased the Legacy Limited. Now we both have no problems getting to our mountain top home in the winter!

Ruby Red color, leather, sunroof, Harm- Kardon Stereo, AWD, sport-shift xmission, good looking sedan, reliability.

5 speed automatic, make the car 2" wider.

2009 Legacy is Great
By RB26301

2009 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just got my Legacy last week and its great! It handles extremely well in the snow and even did better then my Jeep Cherokee. The car is sleek, classy and comfortable to drive.