Used 2009 Subaru Legacy 3.0R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Someones trash became my treasure!!
By mista_tee

2009 Subaru Legacy 3.0R 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Legacy 3.0R used with 13400 miles. This is my commuter car. Its a blast to drive with great acceleration and braking. I wish there was a little less body roll but overall very sporty ride. Maybe if I upgrade the roll and strut bars. I love the black cloth and silver trim. I upgraded to a bluetooth pioneer radio and the factory Harmon Kardon sounds much better than the stock unit not that the stocker is bad. The gas mileage isnt great but I knew what I was getting into before I bought it. The back seat is a little tight for adults but we own a SUV if we need to haul passengers.

Front seats, engines purrs, interior, acceleration, 5 speed automatic, speakers and wheels.

Body roll but I'm sure I will upgrade the suspension because I'm a tinkerer. Fuel economy is subpar but I knew that already.

3.0R around 1k miles initial review
By Eui

2009 Subaru Legacy 3.0R 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car suit my needs well. 4DR sedan with AWD, enough power, comfortable ride. It has all the features that I need, plus a moon roof that I did not really need (standard on 3.0R). All that for around $25k price tag was acceptable. I don't make much use of SI drive. I leave it on Sport mode, and take it easy on the throttle instead of making the computer do it for me. That way, I get fuel economy and throttle response also when needed. The MPG gauge does not show much of a difference unless I use low gear acceleration with Sport mode. Score of 6 for fuel economy is fair. Any worse then 17 city and 24 highway then I would not have considered this car, and the estimate seems accurate.

AWD. Not just because it's AWD, but also how it works. It behaves closer to a RWD. It sends more torque to the rear wheel from what I've read, and it feels like it. The HK speakers sound good, and the cabin is quiet enough to enjoy music, even at highway speed. V6 engine is quiet enough. Valet key.

The most significant thing that I don't like about this car is the not so smooth 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd auto gear shifting. From 3rd and higher, it's acceptably smooth. Having a foot rest is great, but it's not wide enough, and there's a hump on the upper left corner. I don't like DRL.