2009 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Someones trash became my treasure!!
By mista_tee on 02/26/13 12:30 PM (PST)

2009 Subaru Legacy 3.0R 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Legacy 3.0R used with 13400 miles. This is my commuter car. Its a blast to drive with great acceleration and braking. I wish there was a little less body roll but overall very sporty ride. Maybe if I upgrade the roll and strut bars. I love the black cloth and silver trim. I upgraded to a bluetooth pioneer radio and the factory Harmon Kardon sounds much better than the stock unit not that the stocker is bad. The gas mileage isnt great but I knew what I was getting into before I bought it. The back seat is a little tight for adults but we own a SUV if we need to haul passengers.

3.0R around 1k miles initial review
By Eui on 09/18/08 22:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Legacy 3.0R 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car suit my needs well. 4DR sedan with AWD, enough power, comfortable ride. It has all the features that I need, plus a moon roof that I did not really need (standard on 3.0R). All that for around $25k price tag was acceptable. I don't make much use of SI drive. I leave it on Sport mode, and take it easy on the throttle instead of making the computer do it for me. That way, I get fuel economy and throttle response also when needed. The MPG gauge does not show much of a difference unless I use low gear acceleration with Sport mode. Score of 6 for fuel economy is fair. Any worse then 17 city and 24 highway then I would not have considered this car, and the estimate seems accurate.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Subaru Legacy in VA is:

$136 per month*