2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Why isn't everyone driving a L

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

Why isn't everyone driving a Legacy?
By Adam on

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Coming from an unreliable 2006 Volvo S40, the Legacy is like a scaled-down version of God! The Legacy is so reliable, so practical, and so capable. The handling is unbelieveable in the Legacy. I can take a sharp turn at 70mph and there's barely any body roll! The trunk is huge, I've gotten 4 suitcases in there with ease. The ride is super smooth, thanks to the Yokohama tires and suspension. I drove it during a heavy snow/ice storm this winter and it never slipped! The engine also makes a great noise when you really push it. Why aren't Subarus as popular as Hondas and Toyotas? They are heads and tails above the competition, and no one seems to know about it.

Styling, interior, AWD, practicality, power (it's very good, even from a 4 cylinder!), handling, ride comfort, engine noise, perfect safety ratings, reliability, I love the sport shift!

The Legacy really needs a 5th gear for the automatic transmission, the fuel economy is a little lower then its rivals, but still very good for an AWD car.