Well researched decision
By derekisaac on
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I rated the performance a 3 simply because their are better performing choices out there in a sedan. I wanted an AWD vehicle, but I also was looking to upgrade in mpg from my previous f150 4x4. My research had lead to me to the Subaru Legacy. I had never driven one or even sat inside one. This car gives the best bang for your buck if you purchase slightly used. I got a limited model 29k miles for 16995. Everyone that gets inside the car can't believe the features I got for the price tag. I've done a lot of research and nothing else compares. I wish the mpg was a bit better but I can live with all the features I get instead. The fun-to-drive factor is great despite the small engine.
Favorite Features
Subaru's symmetrical AWD, safety features, mpg in an AWD (I'm averaging 23-24 in mixed 60/40 driving) Heated Leather seats Heated mirrors and windshield wipers moonroof sport shift auto Dual climate control Trip computer/avg mpg/real time mpg/tpms Aux input for IPOD 2 12v charging ports I challenge anyone to find these features on any vehicle for less money. The car drives like it's on rails. The ride is stiff but for those that don't like a stiff ride, they're probably looking at other cars. Again, I challenge anyone to find these features on a car with warranty and a cheaper price tag.
Suggested Improvements
I wish I had more mpg but who doesn't? I also wish I had more hp but the price tag goes up on the GT and 6 cyl model. The armrest needs redesigned, it's not quite long enough. I'm very happy with the purchase. I still browse car reviews on here and I have yet to find anything that changes my mind. I had it narrowed down to this car and the infinity G35 awd, but you'll pay much more the infinity and won't get all these features either.