2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: '98 2.5RS to '08 spec.b

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Review

'98 2.5RS to '08 spec.b
By arkay4 on

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned and loved a 2.5RS since '97! Very agile car and wonderful off roads but it had missing features when the kids came: folding seats, tiny backseat, latches, high profile trunk (cargo nightmare), stripped interior. Looked at the 328ix, LS 350, Evo, STi, TT, G35, 6s. All great but the spec.b outperformed and had everything I wanted on my RS. "The WRX's older brother," a lot of punch with significantly more sophistication. Interior features and ride make this a serious luxury car with a kick. The spec.b was not designed to be as rugged as the RS (my off trail days on hold!) but I'm very happy with my purchase and ecstatic now that I've had it for 6 weeks and booked 4-digit miles :)

'08 interior black (not blue) is more accessible. Seats fold down 60/c/40, fantastic leather seats, great interior, 6-speed, low profile trunk, brakes not too sticky. Shocks, shocks, shocks! I/GT has .a lot of body roll. The spec.b ride is much tighter, stiffer and enjoyable. FCons = RS.

Huge key fob. LCD/nav features disabled in motion, annoying for passengers. No bluetooth. Small glove box. Stock summer tires do not perform in winter/cold rain. Needs winter tires. Arm rest useless w/o extension. Turbo lag below 4k. Mud guards black plastic not painted body color.