Still getting a feel for the LGT spec B
By CC1977 on
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Been car shopping for a long, long time. Looked at almost everything out there, MBs, BMWs, Evos, Stis, etc. Saw an 06 LGT spec B and wasn't completely sold on the interior color. When the 07s came out I was disappointed by the blue inserts. 08 rolled around and finally an all black interior! So far with about 500 miles on it I am still happy. With the 6spd I am having problems finding the right gear at the right time (used to 5 spds). 1st and 2nd seem kinda gutless. It's annoying to have keep putting the car into sport sharp.
Favorite Features
Nav, outside temp display, sunroof, a sports sedan with some power under $40k that has all black interior. Big fan of auto dimming mirrors. With some mods it should be as fast, and handle as well as I'd want it to be.
Suggested Improvements
Why so many mpg gauges? At least make a boost gauge optional. Why doesn't the US get the LGT tuned by Sti? Needs HIDs and bluetooth. Even the spec B has a little too much body roll for my liking. Car seems to lack power under 3k rpms. At times I almost even feel a shudder (I do run 93 octane).