2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Perfect for my needs

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5 I Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Perfect for my needs
By crowing on

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Let's get the caveats out of the way: smaller back seats, lower MPG due to AWD, maintenance can be expensive, and a somewhat stiff ride. Due to these things, this car may not be right for everyone. HOWEVER, I do give this car high ratings for very well executed design and performance. I love the style of the interior and found the seats and steering to be spot on. AWD is a great thing to have with Michigan's erratic weather and this is one of the more economic choices. The Legacy is a bit heavier for the AWD, which may be why some people feel it's a bit sluggish, but it also improves grip and cornering. So you know, the 2010 model does seem to have fixed a number of these quirks.

AWD with VDC. Classy exterior and interior, especially with black leather. Extremely comfortable seats. Good performance for price ratio.

Bigger back seat. 5 gear auto transmission. Redo the location and button layout of A/C. (Most of these taken care of with the 2010 remodel)