2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Like a Miata with 4 doors & AW

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

Like a Miata with 4 doors & AWD
By SubyConvert on

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When I bought an Acura TL a year ago, the Legacy was my second choice. I recently reversed that decision and traded the TL for the Suby. What a difference! I love the sports car handling and the AWD because I live in a part of Canada that gets a lot of snow in winter. It's the first car I've looked forward to driving every day since I sold my Miata. Acceleration is impressive in sport sharp mode. My TL had crazy, dangerous torque steer when accelerating hard in corners. The Suby is tight, predictable, with a slight rear wheel bias. The interior looks great and fits me well, except for the arm rest (needed to get the extender). Bluetooth would be nice, but shouldn't talk on the phone anyway.

Handling, acceleration, great AWD traction, refined interior, grippy leather, tight turning radius, great value, great looking alloy wheels, perfect clutch feel, low center of gravity, 3 personalities with iDrive. I've owned about 40 cars in my life. This could be my favorite.

Nutty location for heated seat switches, average mileage, JDM grill looks much better, wimpy styling below front bumper, shifter slightly too far to reach, needs DSC on GT manual, engine noise is somewhat unrefined but I keep telling myself the boxer engine sounds like a Porsche (all minor stuff)