2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Great Bang for the Buck!

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5 I Special Edition Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Great Bang for the Buck!
By mcool on

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I upgraded from a 2005 Honda Accord Special Edition Coupe, and I'm very satisfied with my choice. Subaru was definitely not a brand I would have considered, but when I saw the Legacy, I fell in love with it. The car has a look that rivals its German counterparts, yet it drives and feels like a true Japanese car that dominates its path. The Legacy has enough power to pass as a basic 6-cylinder, but it has the awesome gas mileage of a 4cyl., even with AWD!!! The design of this car is superb, and the standard features are truly unbeatable! If you're looking for a car that's not basic, but not expensive, this is the car to look at! Once you drive it, you'll refuse to look at anything else!

AWD was the biggest selling point for me. Living in snowy areas means preparing for winter at all times, and this car can handle it all! The handling of the car, the flat Subaru Boxer designed engine, the safety features, and the overall look and build quality of this car are phenomenal! Best deal.

Make heated mirrors with turn signals standard. Upgrade sound system so it is not so lack-luster (hollow deep sound). Make cd-changer standard on special edition model, and at hydraulic springs to trunk so that it "pops" open! Minor things, car's too good for any other improvements!