Family safe but sporty
By Rob on
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I originally looked at this car as it was the best price for the amenities. 5 Star safety, power everything, AWD, 4 cyl gas mileage, plus it has the history of Subaru quality. What I found out after I drove it was that I not only lost the bad mileage of a V6, but I gained the nice power of a 4 cyl Boxer engine. I have no problem getting onto highways, passing, I even safely avoided an accident with the car's superior handling. If you're looking for something safe, but don't want to feel like you're trading your youth, then this car is a must to test drive.
Favorite Features
All Wheel Drive. This is something you will notice. The SE edition is only a few thousand more and makes the car a steal. Nice sunroof, car audio sounds great, 4 doors but looks and drives like 2 door coupe. 4 cylinders keeps you from getting carried away. Manual-matic mode is real fun.
Suggested Improvements
Faster power windows. Rarely the stereo will "lock" on me and I can't change the station or play a CD unless I restart the car. Something I expected should fix itself if I cycle the power (car-reboot?). Manual-matic should auto shift at a bit of a higher RPM (does this in case you forget to shift)