2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Excellent Car!

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2.5 I Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Excellent Car!
By Jon on

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just traded my 2006 Xterra for this Subaru. Big difference, so I won't even try to compare the two. However, I did recently trade in my Mazda 6s, and I must say that the Subaru is almost every bit as fun to drive as the Mazda. The Subaru has a few points going for it over the Mazda. 1. All Wheel Drive 2. I'm not constantly worrying that the automatic transmission is going to overheat and destroy itself. 3. The Subaru's transmission computer is adaptive to the driver. The Mazda had pre-selected shift points that forced the car in overdrive before the RPMs even matched the gearing of the car. Besides, the car would never downshift while slowing down! Subaru has won my business.

All-wheel-drive, exterior/interior styling. Ok, just about everything.

Body roll is a bit excessive. More aftermarket support for the non-gt Limited edtion. No available trunk mat for the sedan. Subaru puts all of their energy into the Outback and barely any into the non-Outback cars.