Couldn't be happier
By j4106 on
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
After one year, and 25000 miles, I couldn't be happier. I drive 30 to and from work over a 7000 ft+ mountain summit to a city that has 3 of the top 10 ski resorts in the country within 5 miles. Naturally, traction is a concern. After having a Honda Civic Si and snow tires, I will never be without quality winter tires again because getting going is one thing, stopping is another, and the Legacy does both brilliantly when properly equipped. I confidently and safely got where I was going (and passed so many 4WD trucks and SUV's I couldn't even venture a guess at a number). I am so glad I bought this car.
Favorite Features
AWD for sure. Love the AUX input on the stereo. Unlike some of the reviews, I think the stereo sounds great. I love that the rear speakers are in the doors rather than the behind the seats. I can have the stereo at a level everyone can hear yet still talk to people in the backseat.
Suggested Improvements
The paint is a little soft, but I haven't seen a car built after about 2002 that doesn't have the same problem... my understanding is that they can no longer use lead in it.