Used 2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Small But Good... Could I Have Another?
By Vinny

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was hoping to get a nicer car but with gas prices exceeding $4 a gallon I didn't want to be getting 17 mpg so I leased this Subaru Legacy for 2 years at an excellent rate. It gives me an average of 31.2 mpg overall and it has decent kick for a 4 cyl. I also own a 2003 Forrester but is noisy on the highway, this car is solid, very little road noise. I only got the VDC because that's all there was, I mainly turn it off. The leather is nice and along with the wood trim, it makes the car feel much more than $26k. The only complaint is that its a bit small. Wishing I bought it so I don't have to worry about mileage, much better then expected :D

Favorite Features

Brown metallic paint, leather, wood, AWD, 32 mpg :))), aux jack

Suggested Improvements

Add a fifth gear (preferably 6), radio controls on steering wheel, add a bit more size (the outback is much bigger and same price)

Safe and Savings
By ShopCar

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent Car. Handles well, well built, better gas miles than expected for an AWD 25 in traffic. Looks Sharp! Best car for the money. Other cars you pay so much more for AWD, moonroof, leather,auto dimming mirror, fog light and on board computer.

Favorite Features

Its a Subaru ( the Color) Bronze computer tells you how long you have been driving, gas miles, temp etc.

Suggested Improvements

The 08 didn't have steering wheel controls but the 09 does along with an upgraded stereo. Pwr seats on both sides.

Really like this vehicle
By RobR

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned Audis, BMWs, VWs, and I looked at them all again before buying Subaru. It's got push-you-back-in-the-seat power, stealthy looks, and features that costs lots more $$$ on the other brands. I couldn't be happier with it. Very high Fun To Drive factor and is always ready to do more. Handles great in the snow as well. When I'm nice to it, I get 31 MPG hwy, when I'm not, 20 - 22. It's a nice surprise and everyone asks me what kind of car it is when they see it on the road. Big difference between standard legacy and legacy GT. It's worth the difference in price.

Favorite Features

Turbo, leather seats, wheels, easy to chip, sunroof, turbo poking through hood

Suggested Improvements

LED lights, easier to install sat radio, bluetooth, HIDs, better front seat armrest

Great Car
By John

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 6 months and it is great, I am very impressed. I've owned foreign and domestic cars and this is the best by far. I averaged 25.8 MPG mixed city and highway over 7000 miles. The controls are well thought out and the car is very comfortable. Test drive it and you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort is great. I really enjoy driving it. Could use stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is pretty good but could be better. For an AWD car mileage is good but with gas prices on the rise I would like to see more.

Legacy -- all the way !
By legacy driver

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Once I drove the Legacy, I completely fell in love with it. It takes away from all other cars, including Hondas, Mazdas, and Toyotas. This car is in its own class, you really can't compare it to any others (many people think the car looks way more expensive then it actually is). I get great gas mileage, better then they say! I average 28-29 MPG with 75% highway and 25% city. I can't go anywhere with out people asking me what kind of car I drive. The Legacy is so comfortable, and the handling is great! I would recommend this car to anyone. Before buying any other car, you must test drive the Subaru Legacy. I swear, you won't regret it!

Favorite Features

Satin white pearl, gas mileage, stylish exterior, handling, fuel calculation display (very accurate on your MPG), heated windshield, daytime running lights, standard sunroof, Yokohama tires, and AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Not many, radio controls on the steering wheel, upgrade sound system (which they are doing on the 2009), auto door locks when the car is in motion, and take out the fourth brake light (in the back rear window) if you have a spoiler.