Used 2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

The best
By TOM

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle snow, rain, ice, whatever the world throws at you it handles. I autocross and it is impressive there. On the highway I avg 32 mpg hills 28. I love it and recommend it

Style, all wheel drive, mpg

More rear seat room, just maybe 1-2 inches

Small But Good... Could I Have Another?
By Vinny

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was hoping to get a nicer car but with gas prices exceeding $4 a gallon I didn't want to be getting 17 mpg so I leased this Subaru Legacy for 2 years at an excellent rate. It gives me an average of 31.2 mpg overall and it has decent kick for a 4 cyl. I also own a 2003 Forrester but is noisy on the highway, this car is solid, very little road noise. I only got the VDC because that's all there was, I mainly turn it off. The leather is nice and along with the wood trim, it makes the car feel much more than $26k. The only complaint is that its a bit small. Wishing I bought it so I don't have to worry about mileage, much better then expected :D

Brown metallic paint, leather, wood, AWD, 32 mpg :))), aux jack

Add a fifth gear (preferably 6), radio controls on steering wheel, add a bit more size (the outback is much bigger and same price)

Safe and Savings
By ShopCar

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent Car. Handles well, well built, better gas miles than expected for an AWD 25 in traffic. Looks Sharp! Best car for the money. Other cars you pay so much more for AWD, moonroof, leather,auto dimming mirror, fog light and on board computer.

Its a Subaru ( the Color) Bronze computer tells you how long you have been driving, gas miles, temp etc.

The 08 didn't have steering wheel controls but the 09 does along with an upgraded stereo. Pwr seats on both sides.

Really like this vehicle
By RobR

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned Audis, BMWs, VWs, and I looked at them all again before buying Subaru. It's got push-you-back-in-the-seat power, stealthy looks, and features that costs lots more $$$ on the other brands. I couldn't be happier with it. Very high Fun To Drive factor and is always ready to do more. Handles great in the snow as well. When I'm nice to it, I get 31 MPG hwy, when I'm not, 20 - 22. It's a nice surprise and everyone asks me what kind of car it is when they see it on the road. Big difference between standard legacy and legacy GT. It's worth the difference in price.

Turbo, leather seats, wheels, easy to chip, sunroof, turbo poking through hood

LED lights, easier to install sat radio, bluetooth, HIDs, better front seat armrest

Great Car
By John

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 6 months and it is great, I am very impressed. I've owned foreign and domestic cars and this is the best by far. I averaged 25.8 MPG mixed city and highway over 7000 miles. The controls are well thought out and the car is very comfortable. Test drive it and you will not be disappointed.

Interior comfort is great. I really enjoy driving it. Could use stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Gas mileage is pretty good but could be better. For an AWD car mileage is good but with gas prices on the rise I would like to see more.