Used 2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Subaru Legacy Spec B
By sleepy58

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent AWD sport sedan. Very quick over a wide variety of road surfaces and conditions. Sport sharp mode in Si drive provides great throttle response. A stealth car that is great fun to drive.

Legacy GT a Cut Above
By lslgal5350

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned Subarus for several years, mostly WRXs. I finely decided to try a Legacy GT. I am really glad I did. It is a great car, having good power, and more luxury than the WRXs I owned. Subaru has done a great job on the entire design, and functionality of the Legacy GT. I have added a Stage one Cobb Accessport, and it changed an already good performing car into a really GREAT performing car. The added hp/torque from this programmer really changes the entire character of the engine, without cutting the mpg. It's the best $695.00 I ever spent!!

Everything

You could always wish for more power, but I guess that is what the aftermarket programmers are for.

Exceeds expectations
By theanimal

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Have owned Lexus LS, Toyota Camrys and Corolla, BMW 3/5/Z4 series, and Honda Civic. Hadn't ever looked at Subaru before but researched sedans with top safety ratings and the Legacy stood out. I have had the car for 2 days and am very pleased with how well it was designed and built. Very well appointed, great value, above average performance, even providing a bit of luxury but without being pretentious in any way. Fuel economy like a small SUV, requires premium gas and frequent oil changes. More fun than a Camry/Corolla or Accord/Civic but just as practical and more bang for your buck than Lexus or BMW.

Good nav, sporty look, safety scores, front passenger airbag auto-disable

Bluetooth and parking sensors should be standard on the Limited with GPS models.

2008 Subaru Legacy SE auto
By Jim

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I leased this car back in Dec. 2008, I got the silver one. In So Cal it is rare to see one in a week. Even Subaru owners here don't know what it is, they think it is a BMW. I love the look of the car the solid drive and very quiet, I can actually listen to the radio at number 4. I am 6'2'' and I fit with with headroom to spare this is the first car that I can have a moon roof. When you push this car in the corners you can feel how well it handles. The trunk is a good size.

Styling cornering quietness

The MPG I get 22 MPG freeway, I usually drive 2 miles rural and then 10 miles freeway for 90% of my driving with no lead foot. I have spoken with WRX, Legacy GT, and Turbo Forester drivers and they all get better gas mileage then me. The power locks are a nuisance. The Auto Tran. is annoying

The best
By TOM

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle snow, rain, ice, whatever the world throws at you it handles. I autocross and it is impressive there. On the highway I avg 32 mpg hills 28. I love it and recommend it

Style, all wheel drive, mpg

More rear seat room, just maybe 1-2 inches