Used 2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Like a Miata with 4 doors & AWD
By SubyConvert

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When I bought an Acura TL a year ago, the Legacy was my second choice. I recently reversed that decision and traded the TL for the Suby. What a difference! I love the sports car handling and the AWD because I live in a part of Canada that gets a lot of snow in winter. It's the first car I've looked forward to driving every day since I sold my Miata. Acceleration is impressive in sport sharp mode. My TL had crazy, dangerous torque steer when accelerating hard in corners. The Suby is tight, predictable, with a slight rear wheel bias. The interior looks great and fits me well, except for the arm rest (needed to get the extender). Bluetooth would be nice, but shouldn't talk on the phone anyway.

Handling, acceleration, great AWD traction, refined interior, grippy leather, tight turning radius, great value, great looking alloy wheels, perfect clutch feel, low center of gravity, 3 personalities with iDrive. I've owned about 40 cars in my life. This could be my favorite.

Nutty location for heated seat switches, average mileage, JDM grill looks much better, wimpy styling below front bumper, shifter slightly too far to reach, needs DSC on GT manual, engine noise is somewhat unrefined but I keep telling myself the boxer engine sounds like a Porsche (all minor stuff)

Subaru Legacy Spec B
By sleepy58

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent AWD sport sedan. Very quick over a wide variety of road surfaces and conditions. Sport sharp mode in Si drive provides great throttle response. A stealth car that is great fun to drive.

Legacy GT a Cut Above
By lslgal5350

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned Subarus for several years, mostly WRXs. I finely decided to try a Legacy GT. I am really glad I did. It is a great car, having good power, and more luxury than the WRXs I owned. Subaru has done a great job on the entire design, and functionality of the Legacy GT. I have added a Stage one Cobb Accessport, and it changed an already good performing car into a really GREAT performing car. The added hp/torque from this programmer really changes the entire character of the engine, without cutting the mpg. It's the best $695.00 I ever spent!!

Everything

You could always wish for more power, but I guess that is what the aftermarket programmers are for.

Exceeds expectations
By theanimal

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Have owned Lexus LS, Toyota Camrys and Corolla, BMW 3/5/Z4 series, and Honda Civic. Hadn't ever looked at Subaru before but researched sedans with top safety ratings and the Legacy stood out. I have had the car for 2 days and am very pleased with how well it was designed and built. Very well appointed, great value, above average performance, even providing a bit of luxury but without being pretentious in any way. Fuel economy like a small SUV, requires premium gas and frequent oil changes. More fun than a Camry/Corolla or Accord/Civic but just as practical and more bang for your buck than Lexus or BMW.

Good nav, sporty look, safety scores, front passenger airbag auto-disable

Bluetooth and parking sensors should be standard on the Limited with GPS models.

2008 Subaru Legacy SE auto
By Jim

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I leased this car back in Dec. 2008, I got the silver one. In So Cal it is rare to see one in a week. Even Subaru owners here don't know what it is, they think it is a BMW. I love the look of the car the solid drive and very quiet, I can actually listen to the radio at number 4. I am 6'2'' and I fit with with headroom to spare this is the first car that I can have a moon roof. When you push this car in the corners you can feel how well it handles. The trunk is a good size.

Styling cornering quietness

The MPG I get 22 MPG freeway, I usually drive 2 miles rural and then 10 miles freeway for 90% of my driving with no lead foot. I have spoken with WRX, Legacy GT, and Turbo Forester drivers and they all get better gas mileage then me. The power locks are a nuisance. The Auto Tran. is annoying

• SUV