2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Hard to beat for the money!
By Doug on 01/17/08 04:50 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

There are several AWD vehicles on the market, but none come close to the value that the Legacy offers. Lexus, Volvo, Audi all cost thousands more, and Ford's AWD sedans are bland. This is my first Subaru, and there's no buyer's remorse here. Still, I wish the manual transmission were more available.

08 special edition
By d. on 01/12/08 20:22 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After I drove the 08 Legacy. The decision to buy was easy. My first Subaru , but definitely not the last . Test drove several others.

A good bang for your buck
By Andy on 01/09/08 12:44 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm driving 120 miles/day and looked for a solid ride that could get me past 150k miles w/o costing me too much. I wanted all wheel drive and I didn't want to defer to the Hondas and Toyotas mainly because they bore me and you see them everywhere. I was contemplating spending some bigger bucks for the Audi A4 or the Infiniti G35x. Obviously those cars are much quicker, but when I found out that the Legacy had comparable interior, as comfortable a ride and was much cheaper, I decided to go with the Subaru. When compared to the others that were mentioned, I sacrificed speed for cheaper gas, parts, insurance, monthly payments and increased mpg.

500 miles and counting
By coneycone on 01/03/08 14:00 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good! Moved into the SUBI world from a pontiac grand prix gtp. I love the AWD, the overall looks, internal and external! Could use a wee bit more power, but all in all, you really cant beat the price for a brand new 4 door sedan! I bought a 2008 Pearl White Legacy 2.5i se. Sharp car, rides awesome, could use some better gas mileage, but i give this car a 8.5 outta 10!!

Love my Scooby Doo!
By LoveMyScoobyDoo on 12/31/07 09:19 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drove my Mustang from California to Boston, and once winter hit knew that I needed a new car. I was looking at a lot of options, and then someone suggested looking at a Subaru. I LOVE this car! It's sporty enough for me, yet at the same time provides the safety and comfort of a luxury car twice it's price. The AWD is second to none, and the ride is unbelievably smooth. Everybody who asks me about this car is shocked to find out it's not a 40k+ luxury car. It's THAT eye-catching! Subaru has found itself a new loyal customer!

Not just best for money, best in class!
By GTHeaven on 12/24/07 17:43 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I got my GT back in May and can't ask for anything more. I have wanted the car since 1998, back before it didn't even have the turbo. It was sure worth the wait as it drives like a dream. I take it up in the mountains and it just hugs the curves as it slices up the road. Subaru really stepped up their interior quality for this year. I get compliments from everyone who gets in it.

2008 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Turbo 5A
By subaru convert on 12/15/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

After owing German performance sedans for the past 15 years, I test drove the 2008 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited with the 2.5 turbo boxer four mated with the five-speed automatic trans. I absolutely loved the car. It looked good. The interior was well-appointed. The steering was precise. The handling was exceptional. The ride was very good. The engine was surprisingly responsive and powerful. The price was extremely competitive. The only negative is the automatic transmission. The gear changes are sluggish and delayed. Even when manually changing gears with the paddle shifter, there is significant delay. If not for the auto trans, it gets all "10s".

2008 Subaru Legacy
By wrx-man on 11/28/07 19:48 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just bought it... already have a 100 miles on it and I am very impressed. I have owned an Audi A6 2.7T, VW GTI and GLX, a Maxima 3.5L SE, and my other car is a '02 WRX. This car is one of the best I have driven especially for the price. If I wasn't looking at the Subaru badge, I would have sworn I was driving a BMW or an Audi (dashboard, leather seats, etc). This car is great on the highway and still firm enough to have fun on the twisty roads. I was averaging 28 mpg on the highway with a new engine with less than 100 miles. Germany should be afraid with the performance of the Legacy and the proven reliability of Subaru. I recommend a test drive of the GT, you will not be disappointed

Who knew?
By stephen3484 on 11/20/07 08:44 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After having to take a break from the Germans for a while this was an unexpectedly great car. It really is the Japanese BMW (without the BMW stigma!). The build quality is excellent. The handling, chassis dynamics and rigidity are very impressive. The all-wheel drive system does its job without you knowing. The flat four's power delivery is super smooth, though a little weak. The suspension is very compliant yet tight enough to not be sloppy. Once the motor gets broken in the gas mileage is pretty good. The 5-speed is notchy and vague unless you shift with a light hand and let the shifter find the gates instead of you putting it in the gates. Overall, it is a tremendous value.

Wow
By Ron on 10/25/07 06:50 AM (PDT)

I test drove the '08 Saab Aero, Volvo C70, Accord, WRX and a few others and the Legacy blew them away in every way. Performance, handling, style and pricing. I've had it for about a month and recently had the cold air intake, heat shield and Cat-back system installed. With this system, this little engine actually sounds like a real muscle car. It is a true sleeper that I've surprised many a driver with already!! I feel like I stold the car getting it for 30k. Well worth the investment.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.