2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Overall Excellent Vehicle
By mkrman on 03/29/08 21:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall a great car. Just the right size, handles wonderfully, and great on gas (if you are easy on the accelerator). Dark grey color is beautiful - get compliments constantly. AWD works great, even with stock tires. Back seat can be tight for larger adults. Build quality is good, other than one minor trim piece was misaligned. Overall, ride is good, but the low profile 17" wheels add some disruption to the ride. My major gripe is no radio controls on steering wheel - ridiculous for a 26K vehicle. The car will be too small for some, but it's the perfect size for me & my needs. Acceleration is OK - there is enough power for most, but the power-hungry should go for the turbo.

My Third Subaru
By Jim Fisher on 03/24/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We currently own a 2004 Forester which my wife drives and loves. But the Forester is very noisy above 50 MPH. We bought a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Limited and I have driven it just under three hundred miles. The trip computer makes you very conscious of your gasoline consumption. I averaged 28.4 MPG on the first tankful. This was town and country mileage. The car is quiet and reassuringly rigid. Several people have complained about the sound system. Maybe I have tin ear but the system sounds just fine to me. As far as I am concerned, this is another outstanding car from Subaru.

What a great vehicle!
By Irish Mist on 03/14/08 23:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been outstanding in every way so far. Stylish, responsive, quiet, safe and the balanced design makes it a pleasure to drive. This is our first import and our first 4 cylinder so we researched quite a few vehicles. Once we settled on Subaru, we looked hard at the 2.5 GT turbo. That said, we have no regrets about the decision to go with the standard 2.5i. Plenty of power.

Awesome
By mike on 03/13/08 01:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. Getting 30 mpg overall and beautiful leather and features you won't find anywhere for under 35,000 dollars!! Heated wipers and washer fluid, All wheel drive, heated seats with 4 settings and heated mirrors, this car is awesome. This car has been excellent for the past week I've owned it.

A Superior All Around Car
By dorado on 03/11/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

No complaints whatsoever about this car. Superior performance, handles great, fit and finish on the car is on the mark. An outstanding car.

We Love our "Black Beauty"
By J. P. Kidwell on 03/09/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After months of testing in the mid-size class, we now have a stout and luxurious Legacy 2.5i Limited w/VDC that we really like. To get here, we've driven and kid-tested the back seats of the Accord EX-L, Camry XLE w/ Leather and Aura XR. We're getting 27 mpg, and all four of us are comfortable. Now, I confess that I am 5'4" and my wife is 5', so we fit well. But this car's price, safety, fit, finish, and driving characteristics made it our winner.

European sport sedan killer
By Brian Sok on 02/15/08 12:12 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 60 miles/day near DC and looked for a car that was safe, reliable, fuel efficient, winter friendly, and unique. I looked at Audi A4, Audi A3, Saab 9-3, Volvo S40 and the Subaru Legacy. They were all comparable cars, but I bought the Subaru 2.5i Limited with spoiler, moonroof visor, mudguards, subwoofer. The Subaru is by far the best deal... no comparison!

Sporty and overall great car!
By Trevor on 02/12/08 13:39 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The car is fairly new, But I love it so far. I looked at almost every sedan in the price range as the Legacy, and overall the design left an impression on me so i test drove it. The car has a smooth ride, and when warmed up has great mobility for highway driving. I have been driving in nothing but snow, and i have never had a car which has handle'd so well in the snow.

First car
By Massdrewski on 02/07/08 12:23 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first new car I have ever bought. Fun to drive and looks very stylish. I definitely get looks from other drivers. The fuel economy is marginal at best.

Family safe but sporty
By Rob on 01/21/08 10:13 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I originally looked at this car as it was the best price for the amenities. 5 Star safety, power everything, AWD, 4 cyl gas mileage, plus it has the history of Subaru quality. What I found out after I drove it was that I not only lost the bad mileage of a V6, but I gained the nice power of a 4 cyl Boxer engine. I have no problem getting onto highways, passing, I even safely avoided an accident with the car's superior handling. If you're looking for something safe, but don't want to feel like you're trading your youth, then this car is a must to test drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.