2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews 6

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Subaru all the way from now on.
By Kate A on 06/15/08 21:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Was reluctant to look at a Subaru until I disappointingly test drove Toyota's and Honda's in the same class. I fell in love with this car from the minute I set foot in it. I have found it handles highway driving brilliantly. But I especially enjoy taking it down winding back roads where I get to show off its superior handling and give the engine and suspense a great workout. It is effortless to drive and makes long distances feel like a breeze.

Favorite car
By Sandi on 06/10/08 12:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just traded in a very expensive to mantain VW Passat that I loved, but this Subaru Legacy is now my favorite car so far. I just drove to Las Vegas and averaged 31-32 miles a gal at 75- 80 mph. I faced some extreme winds and the car held its own quite well. I can't wait to take it in the snow!

Best kept secret
By AWDinMN on 06/04/08 20:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

1000 miles so far. Overall this is a quality car. I traded a Mazda 3. I thought I would miss the zoom-zoom factor, but there is adequate acceleration and I think the Legacy actually responses better when passing others on the freeway. Plenty of room on the inside. Clean, straightforward dash layout. Only problem I had was deciding on the Limited or GT.

Nice Car
By John Marks on 05/30/08 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Subaru Legacy about 3 months ago and I must say its a very great car for the price. I'ts the 4 cylinder Special Edition version. It has plently of power to merge on the highway and pass. It handles great at high speeds. I can only imagine what the GT version is like if this one has this much performance. I get 25mpg and thats 90% city driving. Highway I can get about 30mpg. I push it a lot since im a college student and love to accelerate. AWD is great in the rain, can't wait for the winter to really test it out again. Overall, great car and I would recommend it to anyone. Good quality all around.

Best value for the money
By john s on 05/24/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Tried them all. Audi4, Volvo60, Saab93. This car has the best return for dollars spent. The ride is better then most. It handles great, and I just got 31 mpg on highway speed max at 65 mph to 60 mph for about 120 miles highway only.

Why isn't everyone driving a Legacy?
By Adam on 05/17/08 20:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Coming from an unreliable 2006 Volvo S40, the Legacy is like a scaled-down version of God! The Legacy is so reliable, so practical, and so capable. The handling is unbelieveable in the Legacy. I can take a sharp turn at 70mph and there's barely any body roll! The trunk is huge, I've gotten 4 suitcases in there with ease. The ride is super smooth, thanks to the Yokohama tires and suspension. I drove it during a heavy snow/ice storm this winter and it never slipped! The engine also makes a great noise when you really push it. Why aren't Subarus as popular as Hondas and Toyotas? They are heads and tails above the competition, and no one seems to know about it.

Better than expected MPG
By Granby on 05/01/08 22:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just traded in my '01 Maxima SE for a '08 Legacy SE and I have no regrets. I find the passenger cabin to be slightly smaller than the average sized American might like it to be, but otherwise I have no complaints. I managed to get over 29 MPG on my first two tanks of gas with mixed driving. I've been pushing it a little harder lately and I'm still getting over 26 MPG! It usually sticks to the road like glue, but I managed to get it to hydroplane in heavy rain. I attribute this to a combination of driving conditions and slightly overinflated low profile tires. I haven't driven it in the snow yet, but I took it down a muddy dirt road and was very impressed with the AWD system.

Love this car
By blorimor on 04/11/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Subaru wasn't even on my radar until my friend asked me to check them out. I needed to upgrade from my 2-door Civic because we just had a kid (so my excuse is "it's for the kid" :-P). It rides great and is very safe. I got the special edition because I wanted the moon roof and I am not disappointed. I also got the manual transmission and it is very smooth in operation. My wife loves it and thinks I made a great buy. I have enjoyed the extra room and will recommend Subaru to anyone in the future.

Everything I expected and more
By Glen on 04/10/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is everything I hoped it would be. It is quiet, feels tight, handles well and gets good gas mileage. It is smaller than expected inside but it is fine since I am in the car by myself 90% of the time. There is a lack of storage space but I try not to keep much junk in the car anyway. It has good acceleration performance for a 4 cylinder too. The build quality is top notch. Very pleased with it and the price was unbeatable by any of the comparably equipped competitors. Plenty of standard safety features as well.

1st Subaru ever!
By 1st Subaru!!! on 04/05/08 21:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/VDC (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just imported a Legacy. I just want to say I love it. The handling is great. Quiet, comfortable, power is just what I need. Interior is nicely laid out. Love the climate control and heated seat.