2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Great Car
By John on 07/13/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 6 months and it is great, I am very impressed. I've owned foreign and domestic cars and this is the best by far. I averaged 25.8 MPG mixed city and highway over 7000 miles. The controls are well thought out and the car is very comfortable. Test drive it and you will not be disappointed.

Legacy -- all the way !
By legacy driver on 07/12/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Once I drove the Legacy, I completely fell in love with it. It takes away from all other cars, including Hondas, Mazdas, and Toyotas. This car is in its own class, you really can't compare it to any others (many people think the car looks way more expensive then it actually is). I get great gas mileage, better then they say! I average 28-29 MPG with 75% highway and 25% city. I can't go anywhere with out people asking me what kind of car I drive. The Legacy is so comfortable, and the handling is great! I would recommend this car to anyone. Before buying any other car, you must test drive the Subaru Legacy. I swear, you won't regret it!

This car is great!
By Woodyboy on 07/12/08 15:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In 34 years I have owned a lot of sports cars and SUVs. The Subaru GT is my favorite. It provides almost sports car like power and handling. It rides like a comfortable sedan. It takes the Utah snow without any drama. I get 28 mpg hwy and 22 mpg around town according to the trip computer. That includes jumping on it a little. I am considering installing the SPT exhaust system, heat shield and high flow exhaust. The factory quotes 30HP and 30 ft-lb torque gains.

Great Car
By macblaze on 07/02/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Well I Trade in My GMC Envoy for this one and I have to say that my chances of going to GM won't be happening anytime soon for sure unless it's a Caddy or somthing like that. This is the best car I have ever owned after the going though so many problems with my Envoy which is a okay. I never had so much fun driving car other than this one. My fuel mileage is not so great yet but I have only had this car for 4 days so the engine needs time to break in. I think in time the fuel mileage will get better and it already better than my SUV. I love going around conners and I can't wait for the Saskatchewan winters. That's when this car is going to show it strips with it AWD.

Reliable & Fun to Drive Car....
By Jay on 07/01/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Subaru this April. Since I live in a place (SLC) that has long snow season, I wanted a car that is reliable & fun to drive. SUV was out of question due to gas prices. Subaru Legacy had everything I was looking for & I simply love this car. Just got back from our first long trip to Vegas and fuel economy was unbelievable. 32.7 MPG on freeway, even with AC on it was above 31.2 MPG. Handling was great. Comfort level while sitting for 6 hours was high. They're great cars. Love it!

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i SE 4A
By hubertus8 on 06/30/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 weeks ago and couldn't be more pleased with its perfomance. I test drove few Hondas and Toyotas and the legacy gave, by far, the best performance on the road. This is the best car for your money.

An OK Car, Nothing Special
By Johnny on 06/24/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is OK, nothing special, it was a cheap lease. I had a VW Golf which blows the Subaru away in overall performance and quaility. The Subaru doors close like a tin can, power in the engine is non-exsitent, and the road noise is high. But it is new and get about 24 MPG, not bad for an AWD

Overall Great car
By Great Car on 06/16/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my car. Overall, I average 27 MPG on the highway, 23 in the city. Trunk space is great. The back row is spacious as well. I have made several long trips between school and home in the horible winter storms we had this year. The car's traction was outstanding. It's a fun car to drive and be in.

Subaru all the way from now on.
By Kate A on 06/15/08 21:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Was reluctant to look at a Subaru until I disappointingly test drove Toyota's and Honda's in the same class. I fell in love with this car from the minute I set foot in it. I have found it handles highway driving brilliantly. But I especially enjoy taking it down winding back roads where I get to show off its superior handling and give the engine and suspense a great workout. It is effortless to drive and makes long distances feel like a breeze.

Favorite car
By Sandi on 06/10/08 12:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just traded in a very expensive to mantain VW Passat that I loved, but this Subaru Legacy is now my favorite car so far. I just drove to Las Vegas and averaged 31-32 miles a gal at 75- 80 mph. I faced some extreme winds and the car held its own quite well. I can't wait to take it in the snow!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.