2008 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: 2008 LGT 5M Dark Grey Metallic

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2008 LGT 5M Dark Grey Metallic
By Matt on

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Purchased an 08 LGT 5m about a month ago. So far the car has been great. I give it good mpg ratings as my current truck gets about 11 mpg. I was really surprised to get ~26.8 mpg on a 360 mile trip on country roads driving somewhat spirited, this was before the motor has even broken in. I really like the solid quiet interior. The perforated leather seats are great and supportive. Clutch feel is solid thus far and is very easy to drive.

Great fun playing on twisty country roads, the turbo keeps the car alive as long as the rpms are up, but I do occasionaly miss a nice V8 that has power thru the entire rpm range. Handles great, and the audio is fantastic even without the optional sub. Front seats are awesome with very soft material.

A little more control over the auto HVAC setting, like being able to mix floor and dash vents. Silly ebrake pulls up at an angle essentially going over your right leg, if it pulled straight up it would be much better. Shifts a little too long, should install short throw shifter.