2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
buying a preowned Legacy GT
By darrrel on 01/31/12 07:08 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

i was in the market for a fun to drive sedan. i poured over online reviews, Consumer Reports and generally obsessed over this for about a year. I test drove new BMW 325, Civic Si, Legacy GT, Saab 93, Infinity G, Mazda Speed3, Mitsu Lancer etc...just about everything. At the local Subie dealership they had a preowned 2008 GT. It was love at first drive. So i did a bunch of research and bought it --$20K with 30K miles. I thought it was a great deal...0 buyers remorse. Every time I drive this car I absolutely looooove it...it handles great...is super fast in S# mode, and a dream in the rain. i love the 3 engine modes -- I, S and S#. Subaru certified it - got 100k bumper to bumper for $800.

Like a Miata with 4 doors & AWD
By SubyConvert on 12/18/08 19:16 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When I bought an Acura TL a year ago, the Legacy was my second choice. I recently reversed that decision and traded the TL for the Suby. What a difference! I love the sports car handling and the AWD because I live in a part of Canada that gets a lot of snow in winter. It's the first car I've looked forward to driving every day since I sold my Miata. Acceleration is impressive in sport sharp mode. My TL had crazy, dangerous torque steer when accelerating hard in corners. The Suby is tight, predictable, with a slight rear wheel bias. The interior looks great and fits me well, except for the arm rest (needed to get the extender). Bluetooth would be nice, but shouldn't talk on the phone anyway.

This car is great!
By Woodyboy on 07/12/08 15:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In 34 years I have owned a lot of sports cars and SUVs. The Subaru GT is my favorite. It provides almost sports car like power and handling. It rides like a comfortable sedan. It takes the Utah snow without any drama. I get 28 mpg hwy and 22 mpg around town according to the trip computer. That includes jumping on it a little. I am considering installing the SPT exhaust system, heat shield and high flow exhaust. The factory quotes 30HP and 30 ft-lb torque gains.

2008 Subaru Legacy
By wrx-man on 11/28/07 19:48 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just bought it... already have a 100 miles on it and I am very impressed. I have owned an Audi A6 2.7T, VW GTI and GLX, a Maxima 3.5L SE, and my other car is a '02 WRX. This car is one of the best I have driven especially for the price. If I wasn't looking at the Subaru badge, I would have sworn I was driving a BMW or an Audi (dashboard, leather seats, etc). This car is great on the highway and still firm enough to have fun on the twisty roads. I was averaging 28 mpg on the highway with a new engine with less than 100 miles. Germany should be afraid with the performance of the Legacy and the proven reliability of Subaru. I recommend a test drive of the GT, you will not be disappointed

Great value for an AWD Sports Sedan!
By Gary on 09/30/07 06:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been looking for an AWD Japanese sedan with a manual transmission for a few years after having an Audi A6 and then a BMW 325xi both with reliablility issues. Subaru finally had enough of the amenities with the 2008 Limited GT Turbo model for me to make the purchase. What a value! The car is more fun to drive than the BMW, much faster, and hopefully will be more reliable. With discounts and rebates, the car is approximately $12,000 less than a similarly equipped 2008 325xi. The car handles really nicely, much easier clutch than the BMW. I've had it now for 2 months and absolutely no regrets. I added an aftermarket bluetooth kit which fit nicely in the space for the navigation.

02 WRX to 08 Legacy GT
By Dave C on 09/13/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Traded in '02 WRX on '08 Legacy GT. The GT is roomier, with much better features (leather, sunroof, auto AC, auto trunk, XM, auto mirror), much quieter, and only cost $2K more than my WRX did 6 years ago. As quick as my WRX 0-60, same cornering G, but simply not as fun to drive. However, this is a much easier car to live with (quiet), and everybody who rides in it loves it. Quality is same or better than WRX - outstanding. Other than for clutch, never had a problem with the WRX in 75K miles (never even touched the brakes!). I'm looking forward to a similar experience with the Legacy GT.

2008 LGT 5M Dark Grey Metallic
By Matt on 09/10/07 13:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Purchased an 08 LGT 5m about a month ago. So far the car has been great. I give it good mpg ratings as my current truck gets about 11 mpg. I was really surprised to get ~26.8 mpg on a 360 mile trip on country roads driving somewhat spirited, this was before the motor has even broken in. I really like the solid quiet interior. The perforated leather seats are great and supportive. Clutch feel is solid thus far and is very easy to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.