2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Subie convert!!
By sarduchi22 on 03/11/11 14:00 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

AWESOME car!! Very well appointed and classy looking interior. Great quality and look to the interior materials and lighting. Ride quality is super smooth yet firm enough for cornering. Feels firm over uneven road surfaces but doesnt break your back. Seats are firm and comfy even on long hauls. The 2.5i is a little sluggish off the line but over 30mph has plenty of power spooled up for passing. Fun factor is moderate only lack of power hurting this aspect of the sedan. Back seat is a little tight not reccomended for people over six foot. Also passenger side footwell is a touch shallow and the seat needs to be slid back to for a comfortable leg position. Over all look is handsome!

Great car
By Ro on 08/28/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had this car for over 2 years and have no regrets with my decision. Never owned a Subaru before, but I think I will from now on. Great in the snow, this car literally saved me from an accident several times. Had a Honda for 10 years, feel much safer in this car. Still love the interior, leather, heated seats, interior lighting. Back seat has adequate room. One review commented on the engine ping for several seconds when you first turn off. I addressed that with the service dept when first got the car, it is normal due to cooling down/environmental controls on this car.

I'm dating up!
By karl williams on 06/06/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, I almost feel guilty for driving this car. I luckily found it used because you don't see a "used" Subaru very long on the lot (especially as nice as this one) and I've been looking. I feel bad because it is soooo good. I have two friends who drive new BMW's and I can easily keep up with the Jones'. This car does everything well, including looking the part of a luxury sport sedan. Very fun to drive, handles well, and fuel economy is great for AWD. Speaking of AWD...it is wonderful in the rain..can't wait for snow. I am dating up because this car has hot looks and delivers performance even for a 4 cyl. When I tell people what I paid...they are filled with jealousy. Don't miss out!

Great Car
By John on 07/13/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 6 months and it is great, I am very impressed. I've owned foreign and domestic cars and this is the best by far. I averaged 25.8 MPG mixed city and highway over 7000 miles. The controls are well thought out and the car is very comfortable. Test drive it and you will not be disappointed.

Legacy -- all the way !
By legacy driver on 07/12/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Once I drove the Legacy, I completely fell in love with it. It takes away from all other cars, including Hondas, Mazdas, and Toyotas. This car is in its own class, you really can't compare it to any others (many people think the car looks way more expensive then it actually is). I get great gas mileage, better then they say! I average 28-29 MPG with 75% highway and 25% city. I can't go anywhere with out people asking me what kind of car I drive. The Legacy is so comfortable, and the handling is great! I would recommend this car to anyone. Before buying any other car, you must test drive the Subaru Legacy. I swear, you won't regret it!

Best value for the money
By john s on 05/24/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Tried them all. Audi4, Volvo60, Saab93. This car has the best return for dollars spent. The ride is better then most. It handles great, and I just got 31 mpg on highway speed max at 65 mph to 60 mph for about 120 miles highway only.

European sport sedan killer
By Brian Sok on 02/15/08 12:12 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 60 miles/day near DC and looked for a car that was safe, reliable, fuel efficient, winter friendly, and unique. I looked at Audi A4, Audi A3, Saab 9-3, Volvo S40 and the Subaru Legacy. They were all comparable cars, but I bought the Subaru 2.5i Limited with spoiler, moonroof visor, mudguards, subwoofer. The Subaru is by far the best deal... no comparison!

A good bang for your buck
By Andy on 01/09/08 12:44 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm driving 120 miles/day and looked for a solid ride that could get me past 150k miles w/o costing me too much. I wanted all wheel drive and I didn't want to defer to the Hondas and Toyotas mainly because they bore me and you see them everywhere. I was contemplating spending some bigger bucks for the Audi A4 or the Infiniti G35x. Obviously those cars are much quicker, but when I found out that the Legacy had comparable interior, as comfortable a ride and was much cheaper, I decided to go with the Subaru. When compared to the others that were mentioned, I sacrificed speed for cheaper gas, parts, insurance, monthly payments and increased mpg.

Great commuter car
By Elf72 on 07/31/07 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Subaru - I traded in my Forester when I moved 90 minutes from work as I wanted more creature comforts for the long commute. This car does not disappoint. Smooth ride, great gas mileage, and the Limited's upgraded interior makes the trip comfortable as well. Plus, when winter hits, if the AWD works as well as it did in the Forester, I'm all set.

Waiting for bad weather
By Al Schnering on 07/18/07 08:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Car so far seems very solid, takes the curves very nice. We are looking for mileage and safe driving in bad weather.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.