2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Navi, VDC Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

3.0 R Limited Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Navi, VDC)

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Great Value
By Skewed on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.0 R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked for a slightly-used Legacy GT, but they're quite rare too, so I researched the 3.0R and bought an almost-new one. Know from personal experience that the 3.0 H6 engine can go 130k miles with no more than routine maintenance. Having owned a 2002 WRX as well as a few Saabs, I can say that the 3.0R feels more like a Saab than the WRX. The WRX felt nimble and light, while the Saabs felt more solid and locked-in while cornering. For the mature driver, there's more sport than luxury but young hotshots will find its reflexes a bit slow. Great for someone who likes both Saabs and Subarus. Not much plush but a lot of function. Learning to use all the controls is worthwhile.

Honest/ Informed Review
By I Stewart on 02/25/09 17:19 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.0 R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

While the 3.0R boasts a larger engine and more hp, it actually has less lb/foot of torque than its 2.5GT counterpart; translating to 7 tenths of a second from 0-60. The acclaimed S/I drive is amusing, if not practical. In sport mode acceleration is noticeably boosted from intelligent mode. Paddle-shifting is also available in sport sharp, though its more burdensome than liberating. Paddle-shift levers, S/I drive console, and Navigation system all contribute to the impressive interior. Even after the romance fades, the controls are insightful and convenient. This car may be your best choice if: a. you drive in all-weather conditions b. you purchase used at a discount

2008 Subary Legacy 3.0R
By tdoggydog on 07/08/07 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 3.0 R Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi, VDC (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car - rides smooth, corners well, sounds great! Can't wait to open her up after the 1K mile break- in period with the Sport Sharp mode. Everywhere I go people are asking "What's that?" and are amazed at not only the style, but the features, performance and out-the-door cost. This is my first Subie and I think I'm going to be a lifelong customer.