Used 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Subie convert!!
By sarduchi22

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

AWESOME car!! Very well appointed and classy looking interior. Great quality and look to the interior materials and lighting. Ride quality is super smooth yet firm enough for cornering. Feels firm over uneven road surfaces but doesnt break your back. Seats are firm and comfy even on long hauls. The 2.5i is a little sluggish off the line but over 30mph has plenty of power spooled up for passing. Fun factor is moderate only lack of power hurting this aspect of the sedan. Back seat is a little tight not reccomended for people over six foot. Also passenger side footwell is a touch shallow and the seat needs to be slid back to for a comfortable leg position. Over all look is handsome!

Favorite Features

Love the quality and softness of the leather. Sound system bumps and is crystal clear. Red interior lighting is great looking and easy to read day or night. Body lines are clean but sporting. Love the idea that im not driving a camry, accord, or impala. AWD kicks in snow, ice,and rain, so well in fact i didnt bother w/ my snow tires this year. The legacy has a head turning factor as many people notice its good looks but are not sure what the make and model are at first glance. I feel as though im driving a car that costs 1000's more than what i paid.

Suggested Improvements

2.5i could used a little more power off the start. Cabin could benifit from a little more sound dampening. AWD does drink a little more fuel but its worth it

Great car
By Ro

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had this car for over 2 years and have no regrets with my decision. Never owned a Subaru before, but I think I will from now on. Great in the snow, this car literally saved me from an accident several times. Had a Honda for 10 years, feel much safer in this car. Still love the interior, leather, heated seats, interior lighting. Back seat has adequate room. One review commented on the engine ping for several seconds when you first turn off. I addressed that with the service dept when first got the car, it is normal due to cooling down/environmental controls on this car.

Favorite Features

Remote start, cabin control lighting, safety features, heated leather seats, roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

None other than Subaru should give a longer warranty, would like to see 5 yrs, 50k like most of the industry has.

I'm dating up!
By karl williams

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, I almost feel guilty for driving this car. I luckily found it used because you don't see a "used" Subaru very long on the lot (especially as nice as this one) and I've been looking. I feel bad because it is soooo good. I have two friends who drive new BMW's and I can easily keep up with the Jones'. This car does everything well, including looking the part of a luxury sport sedan. Very fun to drive, handles well, and fuel economy is great for AWD. Speaking of AWD...it is wonderful in the rain..can't wait for snow. I am dating up because this car has hot looks and delivers performance even for a 4 cyl. When I tell people what I paid...they are filled with jealousy. Don't miss out!

Favorite Features

Interior fit and finish! Exterior sporty look...then there is the AWD factor.

Suggested Improvements

Could dampen the road noise a bit. Would be cool for "home link" type technology for garage door opening. A bit more storage features in the cabin.

Great Car
By John

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 6 months and it is great, I am very impressed. I've owned foreign and domestic cars and this is the best by far. I averaged 25.8 MPG mixed city and highway over 7000 miles. The controls are well thought out and the car is very comfortable. Test drive it and you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort is great. I really enjoy driving it. Could use stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is pretty good but could be better. For an AWD car mileage is good but with gas prices on the rise I would like to see more.

Legacy -- all the way !
By legacy driver

2008 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5 I Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Once I drove the Legacy, I completely fell in love with it. It takes away from all other cars, including Hondas, Mazdas, and Toyotas. This car is in its own class, you really can't compare it to any others (many people think the car looks way more expensive then it actually is). I get great gas mileage, better then they say! I average 28-29 MPG with 75% highway and 25% city. I can't go anywhere with out people asking me what kind of car I drive. The Legacy is so comfortable, and the handling is great! I would recommend this car to anyone. Before buying any other car, you must test drive the Subaru Legacy. I swear, you won't regret it!

Favorite Features

Satin white pearl, gas mileage, stylish exterior, handling, fuel calculation display (very accurate on your MPG), heated windshield, daytime running lights, standard sunroof, Yokohama tires, and AWD.

Suggested Improvements

Not many, radio controls on the steering wheel, upgrade sound system (which they are doing on the 2009), auto door locks when the car is in motion, and take out the fourth brake light (in the back rear window) if you have a spoiler.