2008 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Great all weather vehicle
By afwx33 on 12/23/09 22:22 PM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 500 miles a week between Wyoming and Colorado and needed something that got good gas mileage and could handle the winter weather. On the highway I average 29-30 mpg which is a little above what the sticker suggests. The car is great in the snow and can make it through almost anything. The base motor is a little weak compared to the turbo motor but I bought this car for efficiency. I have 35,000 miles on the car and it has only been to the dealer for oil changes. Very reliable!

Great Car!
By Rambo on 10/06/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car. No regrets on my purchase. Car feels and looks much more expensive then it is. Gotten into some sticky driving situations and it handled awesome. Can hardly wait for the snow.

The best kept secret, Suburu!
By Theodore on 09/02/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota and Honda is the only thing my wife had ever driven. But unlike myself she is utterly terrified of driving in the snow. She refused the idea of an SUV and neither Honda or Toyota offers an AWD alternative. I suggested a Suburu Legacy and she reluctantly test drove the Legacy 2.5I SE. She was hooked within the first 5 miles although we drove it another 50 before returning to the dealership. But the story doesn't end there. The snow would be the real test, after all, the AWD was the main reason for the purchase. Well, after 11 trips in mild to heavy snow she was convinced this was the best purchase she ever made in her life. Yup, in her life. Wow... For that she gives it a perfect ten!

Love this car
By blorimor on 04/11/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Subaru wasn't even on my radar until my friend asked me to check them out. I needed to upgrade from my 2-door Civic because we just had a kid (so my excuse is "it's for the kid" :-P). It rides great and is very safe. I got the special edition because I wanted the moon roof and I am not disappointed. I also got the manual transmission and it is very smooth in operation. My wife loves it and thinks I made a great buy. I have enjoyed the extra room and will recommend Subaru to anyone in the future.

Everything I expected and more
By Glen on 04/10/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is everything I hoped it would be. It is quiet, feels tight, handles well and gets good gas mileage. It is smaller than expected inside but it is fine since I am in the car by myself 90% of the time. There is a lack of storage space but I try not to keep much junk in the car anyway. It has good acceleration performance for a 4 cylinder too. The build quality is top notch. Very pleased with it and the price was unbeatable by any of the comparably equipped competitors. Plenty of standard safety features as well.

A Superior All Around Car
By dorado on 03/11/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

No complaints whatsoever about this car. Superior performance, handles great, fit and finish on the car is on the mark. An outstanding car.

Who knew?
By stephen3484 on 11/20/07 08:44 AM (PST)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After having to take a break from the Germans for a while this was an unexpectedly great car. It really is the Japanese BMW (without the BMW stigma!). The build quality is excellent. The handling, chassis dynamics and rigidity are very impressive. The all-wheel drive system does its job without you knowing. The flat four's power delivery is super smooth, though a little weak. The suspension is very compliant yet tight enough to not be sloppy. Once the motor gets broken in the gas mileage is pretty good. The 5-speed is notchy and vague unless you shift with a light hand and let the shifter find the gates instead of you putting it in the gates. Overall, it is a tremendous value.

Satisfied to a degree
By Peter Z on 10/11/07 10:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The power windows are too slow. The AC system modulates too frequently and never seems to get cold. Gas mileage is not that good. However, the fun to drive, especially for a 4 banger, is pretty decent.

Nice sleeper
By kalmanzar on 09/08/07 22:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful bargin, great suspension and ride quality, solid, and handles really well. Power is pretty good for 4banger. Recommend the 5sp., drove auto and it felt slow. A little bit on the small side. A little bit bland styling, but clean lines. Car feels and drives more expensive than it is. Would recommend.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.