Very Good, Could be Better
By jbwilliams25 on
2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I find the seats uncomfortable as they push my shoulders forward. the headrest causes me to tilt my head forward unless I recline the seat. Then either my hamstrings or lower back hurt depending on how I adjust the seat. Drove with a Lancer Evolution and did well from Lake Arrowhead to San Bernardino CA (6000 to 1500 ft). Brakes faded then melted. Suffers brake overheating at 65 mph in the mountain and I have to hold it in 3rd gear as advised by the dealer to prevent brake overheating while mountain driving. Too much body roll. Great performer and very fast, beat crotch rockets on the curves. Needs aftermarket brakes and anti-sway bars to be near perfect! Also, speaker that don't blowup.
Favorite Features
Not much in its class can beat it on the straightaway or on curvy mountain roads. Perfect drift on curves. I've drifted off camber curves that two wheelers couldn't handle. I also handle very well in the snow and ice. Although, the left front may pull left on a right hand curve in the snow.
Suggested Improvements
Subaru needs to make heavy duty brake pads, calipers and rotors. My brakes overheat at 65 in the mountains. It needs better seats, stiffer antisway bars and a stereo system that my teen's iPod can't blow up.