2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Surpasses the Acura Lemon I

2007 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2.5i Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Surpasses the Acura Lemon I used to own
By jag on

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A fine car with only marginal drawbacks. The H4 engine has the smoothness of a 6-cylinder. City gas mileage for an AWD is respectable 23-24 mpg with A/C on. Remarkable stability of ride, excellent braking and handling. Comfortable seating. Good range of features in this model although such a car should include radio controls on steering wheel (one of my bigger complaints-if this were included car would compete quite well with so-called entry-level luxury models). Sound system is not the best when compared to other brands but overall adequate; satellite radio antenna is placed awkwardly but glad to have it just the same (along with ipod jack. I just enjoy being in this car.

Favorite Features

1) Very smooth drive and handling. 2) Absurdly excellent braking. 3) Comfortable seating (with leather). 4) Exterior design has been growing on me, I like it more than when I first got the car. 5) A nice array of comfort/luxe features.

Suggested Improvements

1) Cabin a bit on smallish side. 2) Some limited visibility backing up for someone like me who is impaired when it comes to backing up (but bumper works quite well at low speeds) 3) Put audio controls on steering wheel. 4) Tweak about 5-10 more horsepower out of engine for a perfect ride.